[NEohioPAL] Hudson Players present old-fashioned melodrama on Saturday at 5 pm

Durbin, Mark H. durbinm at firstenergycorp.com
Wed Jun 16 06:49:20 PDT 2021

Hudson Players Return to Live Theatre with
Old-Fashioned Melodrama on First & Main Green
2021-2022 Season Also will be Announced

The Hudson Players will do their part to welcome in the summer by presenting She Was Only a Farmer's Daughter, an old-fashioned melodrama that will be presented June 19th on the First & Main Green in Hudson at 5:00 p.m.

This fun-filled, family friendly show will only be presented one time and marks the first live Hudson Players production since the pandemic curtailed most local live entertainment options back in March of 2020.

"The Hudson Players family is very excited to be back on stage live with this old-style melodrama," said Michelle Dolciato, president of the Hudson Players. "We had originally planned to perform this show back in October as a joint production with Case-Barlow Farm, but postponed the event due to Covid. A lot has changed since then and performing at the First & Main Green will be a great way to re-introduce live theatre to our Hudson audience."

Dolciato says that Hudson Players' 2021-2022 season also will be revealed as part of the June 19th event.

"We have had quite a few people ask what shows we will be doing this year," said Dolciato. "I would encourage everyone to come cheer the hero and boo the villain during the one-act melodrama and then stick around to hear the three great shows we will be producing this year at the Barlow Community Center theatre for our 77th season."

She Was Only a Farmer's Daughter, by Millard Crosby, is directed by Claudia Lillibridge. The cast includes Jessica DeFrange, Sean Donovan, Ellie Kelly, Shelly Palumbo, Libby Merriman, Macey Staninger, Gary Maher and Cody Allen.

The performance is free of charge, but donations will be accepted. The Hudson Players encourages patrons to grab a meal to-go at Hudson's Restaurant, or any of the other great restaurants surrounding the green, or partake in a DORA beverage. Audience members should bring their own blanket or chairs and be sure to maintain social distancing from fellow theatregoers while once again enjoying live theatre.

For any additional questions, email Hudson Players at info at hudsonplayers.com<mailto:info at hudsonplayers.com>, or call 330-655-8522.

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.