[NEohioPAL] Beck Center Is Hiring Music Instructors

Julie Gilliland jgilliland at beckcenter.org
Fri Jul 9 09:37:37 PDT 2021

Beck Center for the Arts, Lakewood, is hiring Music Instructors - Drums, Piano, Violin/Viola, Voice

Part-time, hourly, non-exempt

Beck Center's Music Education program seeks dynamic teaching artists to instruct students in private music lessons. The ideal candidate is an experienced performer and educator with a proven ability to work with children as well as adults. Lessons are offered on-site at Beck Center, and online lessons are offered as well. We are currently hiring instructors in the following disciplines:

  *   Drums & Percussion - Ability to instruct drum students ages 6 and up. May include teaching early childhood group drumming classes. Many students have interest in rock and popular music, and older students may be members of marching band in school.
  *   Piano - Piano as primary instrument. Ability to instruct students ages 6 and up in all levels of piano study.
  *   Violin/Viola - Ability to instruct violin and viola students ages 5 and up. Suzuki teacher training is preferred, but not required.
  *   Voice - Private and group instruction for students of all ages. Ability to work with students primarily interested in musical theater and popular music. Students are primarily ages 12 and up, though Beck Center does work with younger students to give them a safe and healthy introduction to singing. Comfort working with small groups in our introductory singing classes.

This position is responsible for maintaining an active and growing studio by instructing students in weekly private lessons and preparing students for Student Showcase recitals. Instructors are expected to teach consistently during the academic year with an optional summer semester. Beck Center's academic calendar includes: Fall (Sept 13-Dec 18), Winter/Spring (Jan 10-May 28), and Summer (June 13-August 26). Instructors provide a high standard of music instruction that meets the needs of each individual student, tracking their short-term and long-term goals toward sustained growth. Instructors communicate with students, parents, and staff to facilitate lessons and foster student retention. Instructors are responsible for recording attendance and enrollment accurately and promptly in the faculty time and attendance system.
We seek individuals with a BA or MA in music performance and/or education with experience teaching privately and/or in a classroom setting and experience performing in a professional setting. Must be an articulate customer service oriented individual who communicates well with students, families, and colleagues. The candidate should have excellent organizational skills and be prepared to lead weekly lessons that are educational with developmentally and age appropriate content. Comfortable using Zoom or other video-conferencing software to conduct online lessons. Hiring is contingent upon passing a background check.

A competitive hourly rate will be discussed with each potential candidate. Submit cover letter, resume, and samples via e-mail to jmcgrath at beckcenter.org<mailto:jmcgrath at beckcenter.org> by August 6, 2021. No phone calls please.

Beck Center's Core Values: We believe in the transforming and transcending power of the arts, the strength of collaboration, diversity as an essential component in all we do, an inclusive and safe environment, ethical and fiscal responsibility, customer service, personal attention and access, and building relationships. We are an equal opportunity employer.