[NEohioPAL] FREE Event! Raphael Xavier with Live Music & Local Northeast Ohio Dancers

Sarah Sumbrum sarah at dancecleveland.org
Mon Jul 12 10:50:53 PDT 2021

*Raphael Xavier with Live Music & Local Northeast Ohio Dancers*

*Saturday, August 21 at 3 pm & 5:30 pm*

*Cain Park, Cleveland Heights -Along The Pathways*

* FREE, NON-Ticketed Event!*

*More info at DANCECleveland.org. *

DANCECleveland is excited to come together in person again for an outdoor,
site-responsive performance at one of our favorite summer venues, Cain
Park. This original collaborative and creative work will bring together
world-renowned Hip Hop dance company, Raphael Xavier, live music, and
Northeast Ohio's local hip-hop community.

The idea for "KOLÂDE-XCOPE" originated as an outdoor experience at the
Brooklyn Botanical Garden. The work will include a live musician/vocalist
and electronic technology with hip-hop aesthetics that include breaking,
poetry, spoken word, and rap cadences with an improvisational and intuitive
approach. The work will be shaped and inspired by the perspectives and
backgrounds of the local artists tapped to collaborate and perform in the
piece.

An Award-winning artist originally from Wilmington, Delaware, Raphael
Xavier is a Hip-Hop dancer and breaking practitioner that has been honing
his craft since 1983. A self-described "Innovative Movement Conceptualist",
Xavier creates new ways to expand the vocabulary of the dance form and how
it fits onto an aging body. Don't miss this outdoor performance experience
that is truly one of a kind!

*"…Artful and mesmerizing, Xavier transforms a bravado dance style into an
introspective meditation." - Dance Magazine*

*Sarah Sumbrum **(Formerly Hricko)*
Marketing & Artistic Director
DANCECleveland
13110 Shaker Square, Suite 106
Cleveland, Ohio 44120
p. 216-991-9000
sarah at dancecleveland.org <sdurham at dancecleveland.org>

*The Curtain Rises Again! DANCECleveland is pleased to present the
2021-2022 Season of World-Class Dance in celebration of our 65th
Anniversary! *Performances include *Raphael Xavier* on Aug. 21, *Monica
Bill Barnes & Company* on Sept. 25, *A.I.M* on Nov. 6, *MOMIX* on Feb. 5, *Pam
Tanowitz Dance with Simone Dinnerstein* on March 19 and *Alvin Ailey
American Dance Theater* on April 22, 23, & 24. *Subscriptions are on sale
now!* Individual performance tickets on sale starting August 16th. Visit
*www.dancecleveland.org* <http://www.dancecleveland.org/> for more
information. *Like DANCECleveland
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/DANCECleveland/143084909898?ref=ts> on
Facebook & follow us on Twitter! <https://twitter.com/DANCECleveland>*