[NEohioPAL] New Fiction Novel by Cleveland Author and Playwright

Rachel Zake rdzake at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 12:45:40 PDT 2021

As we dive into fall, many of us are heading back to theatres to bring our art to excited, anticipatory audiences.  But what about those down times?  Whether it's by a blue light backstage or a cozy fire at home, a new book is the perfect way to relax this fall.  The Actuality of Us: Leiland & Emmeline by Cleveland author and playwright Rachel Zake will take you on a journey through the streets of Los Angeles, without the hassle of a plane ride or hotel room.  Currently free to Kindle Unlimited users, the description and link are below.
Summary: The story begins as Emmeline states: “Leiland McCoy is dead. And that suits me just fine”. Realizing she has spoken harshly of her beloved – and, in fact, has explained nothing at all – she hastily retreats to the beginning of their relationship. She invites us along and we dutifully follow down the path of twisted Los Angeles nights, the predictable party scene and the unpredictable arrival of Scott. Through the guidance (and anti-guidance) of her closest friend Ruby and other characters that flit in and out of their existence, we are shown the ease with which drugs, betrayal, and self-deliverance can take its toll on those only too willing to acquiesce.

Link: The Actuality of Us: Leiland & Emmeline

|  |  |

|  |
The Actuality of Us: Leiland & Emmeline

The Actuality of Us: Leiland & Emmeline