[NEohioPAL] Next Saturday, Sep 18 at 7pm - Atlas Cinemas Lakeshore 7

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Thu Sep 9 05:52:48 PDT 2021

Johnny Wu has done it again. The award-winning filmmaker did not let a
global pandemic stop his latest creation.  Using social distancing,
masks and complying with all CDC and Government rules, Wu and his team
completed Wu Lin The Society, an Indie Sci-Fi feature film. In fact, he
cleverly incorporated mask wearing into the script.

Several Film Festivals have already accepted the movie:

  	* Action on Film MegaFest
  	* The Indie Gathering Film Festival
  	* New York Movie Awards
  	* Hollywood Gold Awards
  	* Austin Action Fest & Market
  	* Toronto Independent Fil Festival of Cift
  	* Urban Action Showcase International Action Film Festival
  	* City of Angels Women's Film Festival
  	* FunMill Films Fest 2
  	* Tri-Cities Science Fiction Film Festivals

And winning these awards:

  	* Silver Award at the Hollywood Gold Awards in Hollywood, Ca,
  	* Best Sci-fi Action Feature at the IndieGathering Film Festival
  	* Best Ohio Film at the IndieGathering Film Festival
  	* Best Editing in an Ohio Film at the IndieGathering Film Festival and
  	* Best Action Visual Effects Feature at Action On Films Megafest in
Las Vegas
  	* 2nd place at the New York Movie Awards

Wu also signed a distribution deal.  Now, the public will be able to
attend a special hybrid VIP Screening of Wu Lin The Society.

On Saturday, September 18, 2021 there will be a special screening at
Atlas Cinemas Lakeshore 7 at 22624 Lake Shore Blvd. in Euclid, OH 44123.
  Locals can attend the in-person screening from 7-10 PM at the theater
which includes a 30 minute Q&A session. For those not from the area, you
can watch virtually at the same time as well ask be part of the Q&A.

'In the future... Revenge has no limit.' Wu Lin The Society is set in
the year 2050 when pollution and viruses are rampant. People need to
wear masks to be able to breathe easy. But when people start to die
mysteriously, the police thinks it is the work of a serial killer.
Rumors are whispered about a demon that is actually behind the rampage.
The detectives must hurry to solve the mystery to stop the killings.

Johnny Wu says, "Filming during the pandemic was a challenge but we were
able to create an exciting film and keep the cast and crew safe.  Now
it's time to share it with the world.". "Diversity is very important,
and we want to make sure this film includes everyone so showcase the
talent."

"A favorite memory of mine during the filming was getting hit in the
head with a (fake) glass bottle in one scene" lead actor Jerry Sur,
playing Detective Mendoza, recounting his experience, "and (prior to)
ensuring that my fellow lead actor grabbed the correct fake one!"

Lead actress, Pauline Nowakowski, whom is 100% Mexican, plays Maria
Consuela, had a great experience on set, "It was a great experience
every time I was on set. It was like walking onto a Hollywood set.   My
favorite time was when I got to do the flashback scene and was 30th
something and pregnant."

Prior to the feature film the evening will include a showcase of local
filmmakers' trailers and the debut of a short film from Pauline
Nowakowski called Genie of the Bottle.

You can check out the movie trailer at https://youtu.be/ASrKilHIX6Q

Tickets for the in-theater event or livestream can be purchased at
https://wulinthemovie.eventbrite.com (include information to the virtual
watch party).

For those who would like to participate virtually, you can visit:
https://www.watchbeem.com

Here's the link to some film stills/grabs:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FltZCgGT7IhR9Ju9sZAkRWSHUWy-mu59?usp=sharing

The movie is filmed with Anamorphic 4K images providing a real 2:40:1
ratio scope and will be presented as DCP Scope at the theater.

In addition, several short films will debut as well as special vip
guests including Atlanta Filmmaker/Comedian Darion D'anjou, several
distributors representative, Mayor Jackson and others will be in
attendance. A great opportunity to watch indie films and
network/socialize.