[NEohioPAL] Do you wanna build a Choir?

Lysa Kenney flauncybelle at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 04:20:56 PDT 2021

St. Barnabas in Bay Village is looking for a collaborative Choir Director.
We have short-term and long-term goals.  In the immediate sense, we are celebrating our Anniversary of the Church's return to the Diocese on November 21st.  We'd like to have a choir in attendance for that - bodies in robes, sitting together, with just the intention of supporting the hymns in the service. We've recently gained some musically-inclined members, so SATB parts would be attainable.
Long-term goals would be to be able to have regular choir anthems, starting with major days like Christmas, etc., and then as a regular rotation, and/or do some service pieces like singing the Psalms, etc.
Rehearsals would be determined based on everyone's availability (at the Director's discretion), and the CD would need to be able to accompany for the rehearsals -  our organist will be playing for the service(s). Potentially either before or after the service on Sunday, or a weekday evening. Whatever is most convenient for the majority to prepare for the following weeks' music.
The Liturgical Coordinator would be plotting all the hymns and service pieces - and would work together to select choir anthems that are suitable for the group and appropriate for the particular service. So basically, the only responsibility would be to teach the parts to the choir, and conduct on those days when there is an anthem.
Pay would be $400 per month, with an additional $100 for Holy Week and Christmas ($5K in total)
Interested parties should contact music at stbarnabasbv.org

Lysa Kenney