[NEohioPAL] Youth Theatre Classes are BACK at Chagrin Valley Little Theatre!

Margaret Reardon margaret at cvlt.org
Fri Sep 24 13:23:05 PDT 2021

FALL 2021 CLASS SCHEDULE

Classes will be capped at 10-12 students

  Tuition is $180 per 6-week session
*with*
* Youth Instructor Gabbi Capello <youth at cvlt.org> *
*Register Here <https://cvlt.org/youth/>*

INTRO TO THEATRE (AGES 5-9)
TUESDAYS at 4 PM, October 12 – November 16

   - We will discover the fundamentals of theatre.
   - Each week will explore a different aspect of the theatre (acting,
   stage, directions, lighting, sound, costumes, ect…)
   - Every class will engage students with different activities pertaining
   to the theatre topic of the day. (ie: if the topic is musical theatre, we
   will learn a song or a dance, if the top is costumes we will design our
   own, go for a tour in the costume shop, try on costumes, maybe have a visit
   from a costumer)
   - Students will be given an overview of stage and theatre etiquette.
   Students will engage in activities that give them a respect and new
   appreciation for the team work that theatre calls for.

STORY DRAMA (AGES 5-13)
WEDNESDAYS at 4 PM, October 13 – November 17

   - Creating stories through role play, improvising, acting and reading
   aloud.
   - This course will allow kids to create new stories and recreate the
   ones they already know, through theatre, movement and play.
   - Vocal and movement warmups
   - Pronunciation and annunciation exercises
   - Improvisation/ role playing games
   - Story developing and creating
   - Character developing and creating
   - Working as a to team to create new and reimagine existing stories
   -

INTRO TO ACTING (AGES 10-14)
TUESDAYS at 5 PM, October 12 – November 16

   - Acting 101!! Give students an opportunity to develop their acting and
   character development
   - Vocal and movement warmups
   - Improvisation / role playing activities
   - Monologue development.
   - Reading from a script and developing a scene.
   - Learning to take directions and constructive criticism in a safe
   environment

ACTING FOR THE STAGE (AGES 10-18)
WEDNESDAYS at 5 PM, October 13 – November 17

   - Developing a more advanced acting ability for the more experienced
   performer
   - Help students develop an acting portfolio
   - Work on specific monologues and scenes with students
   - Develop research and character development skills
   - Help students prepare for auditions and individual performances
   - Teach students team/trust building exercises to prepare them for
   working with a new group or cast of people

TEEN IMPROV (AGES 13-18)
TUESDAYS at 6 PM, October 12 – November 16

   - Teach students how to spontaneously perform
   - Team building and trust exercises
   - Give students the opportunity to develop and create their own
   characters and stories that are unprompted and unconstrained.
   - Develop personal improv skills with games, warmups, physical exercises.

Questions? Contact Ms. Gabbi here     <youth at cvlt.org>

--
Margaret Reardon

Managing Director

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
(440) 247-8955
margaret at cvlt.org
http://www.cvlt.org/
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
[image: facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
[image: twitter] <https://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>
[image: linkedin]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/chagrin-valley-little-theater/>