[NEohioPAL] WHERE’S CHARLIE? by Edward J. Walsh - Wed, Sep 29 @ 7pm

Playwrights Local playwrightslocal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 10:00:00 PDT 2021

Playwrights Local Presents

A Staged Reading of a New Play

WHERE’S CHARLIE?

Written by Edward J. Walsh

Directed by Constance Thackaberry

Wednesday, September 29 | 7:00 pm

Free | Tickets or Reservations Not Required

Playwrights Local

397 East 156th Street

Cleveland, OH 44110

INFO

http://www.playwrightslocal.org/2021-2022-roundtable-series/

SAFETY

Please review our COVID-19 vaccination and masking policies at our Safety
<http://www.playwrightslocal.org/safety/> page.

FEATURING

Hannah Storch

August Scarpelli

SYNOPSIS

Charlene Thompson and Justin Huth have ventured into winter’s high country.
Now they find themselves suddenly stranded. Failed cellphone signals
prevent rescue. The unrelenting snow provides water, but food is something
only to be desperately wished for — unless, of course, Justin can convince
Charlene that her beloved dog Charlie is the answer to all their culinary
problems.

ABOUT THE PLAYWRIGHT

Laboring as a lone wolf or sometimes as a collaborator, Ed Walsh has had a
number of efforts make it to the stage. In Northeast Ohio, his work has
been produced at Dobama Theatre, Cuyahoga Community College-Western Campus
Theatre, Berea Summer Theatre, Kent State University, John Carroll
University, and Chagrin Valley Little Theatre-River Street Playhouse.
Ensemble Theatre is another of Walsh’s venues. Two of his plays were
performed there as part of The Colombi New Plays Festival. One of these,
One-on-One, was later published. Walsh’s adaptation of Frankenstein was
also published, as was his adaptation of The Red Badge of Courage. And it
would be an oversight not to mention that Stranded, one of his personal
favorite works, is included among the radio plays offered by Playwrights
Local. Walsh resides in Bainbridge Township, where he spends much of the
day playing with his dog Olivia, and the remainder of the day working on
his next play.

ABOUT THE COMPANY

Playwrights Local is a theater company in Cleveland. As a playwrights’
center, our goal is to provide a home for dramatic writing in Northeast
Ohio. We offer classes and workshops, produce original plays, provide
networking opportunities, and engage the community through outreach
projects. Learn more about programs such as our
<http://www.playwrightslocal.org/young-playwrights-collective-ypc/>Roundtable
Series <http://www.playwrightslocal.org/2021-2022-roundtable-series/> at
http://playwrightslocal.org/. Make your tax-deductible contributions to our
501(c)(3) group at http://www.playwrightslocal.org/donate/.