[NEohioPAL] URGENT: Short Film in search of Key HMU artist

Jessie Ng jessieng731 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 15:13:20 PDT 2021

The short film, Lunchbox, is in search of a Key HMU artist and an
additional HMU artist ASAP!

*Synopsis*

Lunchbox is a dramatic, three-part, coming-of-age short about regret,
healing, and honoring the people we love.  Using her deceased immigrant
mother’s recipe book, Taiwanese American Shirley makes zongzi, turnip cake,
and hand-pulled noodles. As she cooks, each dish evokes a childhood memory
in which she grows progressively older and more distant from her Taiwanese
culture and mother.  When Shirley’s assimilation efforts culminate in her
election to the Homecoming Court, a mistake by Shirley’s mother humiliates
her, eliciting cruel words Shirley can never take back.  Based on a true
story, this retelling examines the personal cost of fitting in as well as
the recovery from cultural and familial loss.

*Location: Cleveland, OH *
(Open to anyone in the area who can drive to Cleveland. We can provide
hotel and gas reimbursement.)

*Key HMU*
Dates: 10/16-10/20 (5 days)
Rate: $1000 flat + kit rental

*Additional HMU*
Dates: 10/16-10/18 (3 days)
Rate: $525 flat

We're also open to a MU artist and a hairstylist team. Even though we're
working with passion project rates, we have a great crew and a spectacular
script. Come join our team for a fun, quick project! We're open to all
discussions.

Email *jessieng731 at gmail.com <jessieng731 at gmail.com> *if you're available!

Thank you!