[NEohioPAL] The King of Cage Street Opens 11/5

Playwrights Local playwrightslocal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:09:49 PDT 2021

Playwrights Local Presents

A New Play

THE KING OF CAGE STREET
Written and directed by Michael Oatman

www.playwrightslocal.org/king-of-cage-street/

PERFORMANCES

November 5 – 20, 2021

Friday – Saturday at 7:30 p.m. & Sunday at 2:30 p.m.

VENUE

Creative Space at Waterloo Arts
397 East 156th Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44110

LINKS

Webpage: www.playwrightslocal.org/king-of-cage-street

Tickets: https://playwrights-local.ticketleap.com

ABOUT

The King of Cage Street is, in a sense, a love story: a character study of
three broken people against a backdrop of urban decay. These three
dispirited souls — D-Bear, a reformed thug; Skully, an alcoholic handyman;
and Dime, a transgender sex worker — have created a space for themselves
and their makeshift family. They have survived in the worst part of the
worst ghetto in Ohio, thriving in what D-Bear calls “the end of the world.”
This is where we find the trio when D-Bear receives news that a vicious
enemy from his past has been released and is returning soon. As this
showdown plays out, the fragile bonds that hold the trio together are
strained to the point of rupture.

SAFETY

Please be advised that audience members will be required to show proof of
vaccination against COVID-19 and to wear masks inside the venue. Photos or
printed copies of vaccination records will be accepted and matched with
photo IDs. Exceptions can be made for children under 12 and attendees with
conflicting medical conditions or religious beliefs. Consult our policy at
www.playwrightslocal.org/safety.

TICKETS

General Admission with Accommodations Upon Request

$18 Adults | $15 Seniors & Groups | $12 Students

info at playwrightslocal.org | (216) 302-8856

CAST
Anthony Lanier……..D-Bear

Devon Xavier Miller……..Dime