[NEohioPAL] Review of The Tempest at Great Lakes

Laura Kennelly lkennelly at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 19:27:56 PDT 2021

Bring on enchantment, feuding families and romance! Shakespeare’s *The
Tempest* at Great Lakes’ Hanna Theatre in Playhouse Square welcomes live
audiences for the first time since the 2020 Big Shutdown.

Director Sara Bruner and her merry crew create a fitting celebration in
this lively presentation of (what may be) the last play Shakespeare wrote
alone — and, perhaps consequently, one that falls into poetry and senior
philosophy at the expense of plot. But who cares? With beautiful speeches
like Prospero’s meditative lines —”We are such stuff as dreams are made on,
and our little life is rounded with a sleep” — it’s easy to look inward and
at the islands we find our lives lived on today.
Full review at
https://coolcleveland.com/2021/10/theater-review-the-tempest-great-lakes-theater-by-laura-kennelly/

--
Laura Kennelly