[NEohioPAL] Casting Call for 2nd Act

Karen Snyder karen at weare2ndact.org
Fri Nov 5 10:30:54 PDT 2021

*Currently auditioning Female Actors (30-70 role age range) **and Male
Actors (30-70 role age range)*
*in recovery, or lived experience with close family/friends with substance
use disorder, who have the flexibility for shows throughout the year! Must
be available for shows in the daytime/weekdays.$120 per show. $25 per hour
in-person rehearsals, $15 per hour for virtual training -- ongoing work for
a Theatre Company in CLEVELAND focused on spreading awareness about
substance use disorder.*

*• We are a recovery-friendly workplace. Priority is given to actors in
recovery from drug and alcohol use, OR who have a lived experience with
substance use disorder (i.e. have a personal relationship or lived
experience with family/friends / significant others with substance use
disorder).*

*• 2nd Act is a newly merged organization of Improbable Players (IP) and
COAAST that has been using theater performances and workshops to address
addiction and the opioid epidemic for the combined past 37+ years. Together
they provide educational programming & workshops to youth across OH, MA,
NY, and RI and work with schools, organizations, and other nonprofits to
spread their message and support to a wide audience. Our performances are
30–40-minute plays followed by a talkback with the audience.• We do require
all actors to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to employment.• We
strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+, and differently-abled people
to audition!*

*Please fill out this form and send your photo/headshot & acting resume to
“staff at weare2ndact.org <staff at weare2ndact.org>” with the subject line "Ohio
Actor Submission - (your name) and fill out this google form for
consideration. Thanks!!!*

*FORM HERE: https://forms.gle/LE7u1aGcim1MRm2u9
<https://forms.gle/LE7u1aGcim1MRm2u9>LEARN
MORE: https://www.weare2ndact.org/ <https://www.weare2ndact.org/>"*