[NEohioPAL] The Movement Project - Winter Workshop 2021

Liz Conway liz at themovementproject.org
Mon Nov 15 10:52:21 PST 2021

Join TMP December 11th, 2021 for our Winter Workshop & Company Audition at
Guzzetta Hall at The University of Akron! As professional dancers, it's
important to continue training and engaging with one another. TMP is
working hard to bring high quality and affordable training opportunities to
you and is looking forward to offering this 1-Day workshop to the
Cleveland/Akron dance community.

*WORKSHOP DETAILS*
DATE: December 11th, 2021
TIME: 9:15 am - 4:00 pm
PRICE: $60 (4 classes + free audition!)
LOCATION: Guzzetta Hall, The University of Akron, 228 E Buchtel Ave, Akron,
OH 44325

*TEACHING ARTISTS & CLASS DESCRIPTION*

*YOGA (ELYSE MORCKEL )*
Yoga builds strength, stamina, and flexibility. Class will incorporate
Vinyasa (flowing movement sequences) with slow, sustained stretches,
refinement of alignment in held poses, as well as breath awareness and
mental focus.

*MODERN (LIZ CONWAY)*
This modern/contemporary class is heavily influenced by release techniques
and explores a wide range of efforts and modalities. Expression and clarity
of movement are highlighted throughout. Traditional floorwork will lead
dancers into standing exercises, across the floor, with improvisation
peppered throughout, ending in vigorous phrase work.

*FLOORWORK (ELIZA FRYE)*
In this class, dancers will explore movement that relates to moving in and
out of the floor. They will revisit the ideas from classic contemporary
floorwork technique and work to use the floor as a partner. Throughout the
class, dancers should expect to work through phrases navigating their
bodies through floorwork puzzles across the floor as well as in center
practice.

*IMPROVISATION (MEGAN GARGANO)*
Dancers will identify, explore and refine choreographic concepts used to
develop unique and innovative movement vocabularies in real-time. From this
base, we will develop movement material into spontaneous, performable
dances through improvisational structures and scores.

Visit our website for full details and information to register for both the
workshop and the audition ✨
http://www.themovementproject.org/winterworkshop21

--
*Liz Conway*