[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Obnoxiously Unconstitutional

Lillibridge, Claudia Claudia.Lillibridge at UHhospitals.org
Thu Nov 18 06:10:16 PST 2021

Directed by Claudia Lillibridge. Twin Masks Performing Arts Center (TMPAC) is proud to announce auditions for the Douglas Lillibridge Artist in Residency recipient, Obnoxiously Unconstitutional, on Saturday, November 20, 2021 from 1pm - 3pm at Twin Masks Performing Arts Center, located at 9076 Church Street, Suites 2 and 3, Twinsburg, OH 44087. Walk ins welcome but there is a Sign Up Genius link as below:

https://www.signupgenius.com/.../805084DA5A62DA2FB6...<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.signupgenius.com%2Fgo%2F805084DA5A62DA2FB6-auditions6%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3NyjBIVHx5hG8bH1_FRmK-rZFCnsAODRaWIBFM6NUBtZyPgSI6e-FgCi0&h=AT2TPsQWwC7YWp01B2EdaXaNNwfWir8dQhXNvGW5wAuDY_b64I7e_5PiZJVoQICFJjM17TVz7-RAYeW4k0vjKS5KqaW4qps_eDwuJoM7whzLM4OJt0CAjPTco0eFZd6Wbg&__tn__=q&c%5b0%5d=AT3ZMyjw4vdOFQ_UorfLWYYEBej0_AnLJCYrnekxWBc_fMrWAjl-g0fAHHOOiREpE7W7Vnp28LOHIZ8sRDJ8dEBe2taYt3z4ojORjJ7kLq1ucQ0p97AbQWgVQ-gLe5kW_hMdRK8U8S0eFjPmdh1D4PNa>

Please note we will need to you to confirm proof of full COVID vaccination (either the physical card or picture on cell phone). All of those auditioning will also be requested to wear an KN95 mask as well, or surgical grade mask, while in our space.

This is an original piece which was workshopped online via ZOOM this past summer. This production will be a staged reading of the updated script. Rehearsals for this staged, in person production will typically be on Friday evenings from 7-9pm and Saturday afternoons from 1-3pm and will be adjusted per cast availability/conflicts. It is not expected you will have to be present for every rehearsal.

The final presentation is scheduled to take place in our theatre space on Friday, December 10 and Saturday, December 11 at 8pm in our theatre for an audience.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.

If you auditioned for us this past summer, we do not require you to audition again.

Twin Masks Performing Arts Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit entity located at 9076 Church Street in Twinsburg, Ohio. This is a volunteer project and is unpaid.

CHARACTER BREAKDOWN/ PLOT - OBNOXIOUSLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL
BY KATIE BECK

Public Justice is profoundly altered when politicians reject the truth and rule of law in pursuit of their personal and political agendas while trampling over small, working class people. This faith-based story is about a civil servant's love for both- urban planning and his woman- while battling four systems of Ohio political leaders' failure to render justice spanning over 2+ years.

Leland Wright - (Man, African American, late 20s to mid 30s) - main character of the story. Hardworking, college educated man. Earnestly worked his way up through government. Demonstrating his story of how he became a civil servant of the people and detailing his adverse experience in employment and current legal trials.

Lawyer - (Man or Woman, any race, 40s - 50s) - legal representation for Leland. Explains the legal process and guides Leland in his legal proceedings.

Duane (represents "Procedural Justice") - (Man, late 30s - 40s) - Wears a bright button up shirt. Believes in clocking in and out, not stepping on anyone's toes and doing your job is what is expected.

Jamila (represents "Restorative Justice") - (Woman, early 30s) - Younger, speaks with a peaceful intent, wears a flower printed dress. Always tries to restore any relationship to righteousness - believes in repair to harm, determining an encounter with both parties, facilitating transform which causes fundamental changes in people, relationships and community.

Mayor (also Judge, City Official) - (Man, 50s) - Mayor of Newport. Definitely plays favorites in his staff and although is the elected official, not fully aware what's happening in his own office. The Judge oversees the hearing; City Official is employee of the City.

Visit us at www.UHhospitals.org.

The enclosed information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the
use of the addressee only. University Hospitals and its affiliates disclaim
any responsibility for unauthorized disclosure of this information to anyone
other than the addressee.

Federal and Ohio law protect patient medical information, including
psychiatric_disorders, (H.I.V) test results, A.I.Ds-related conditions,
alcohol, and/or drug_dependence or abuse disclosed in this email. Federal
regulation (42 CFR Part 2) and Ohio Revised Code section 5122.31 and
3701.243 prohibit disclosure of this information without the specific
written consent of the person to whom it pertains, or as otherwise permitted
by law.