[NEohioPAL] DOBAMA THEATRE ANNOUNCES OPEN VIRTUAL AUDITIONS FOR WORLD PREMIERE MUSICAL THE LAND OF OZ

Darius Stubbs darius.stubbs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:51:35 PST 2022

Dobama Theatre is holding General Auditions (EPAs)/ non-AEA General
auditions for the new musical THE LAND OF OZ. These auditions are both
for *local
Equity actors** (AEA defines local as actors with housing available within
a 50-mile radius of the theatre) and for **non-union actors*.

*WHEN*:

Submission deadline:* Monday, January 31, 2022 at 11:59pm.*

*WHERE*:

Submit to: auditions at dobama.org

*WHAT TO PREPARE:*

   - Please record one monologue 60- 90 seconds in length *and* 30-60
   seconds of a song that are both generally in the general style of an
   Oz-based musical theatre piece (*The Wizard of Oz, The Wiz, *or* Wicked)*
   .
   - Please slate at the beginning of the video (state your name and what
   you’re performing).
   - We ask that the camera show as much of the actor’s body as possible in
   order to replicate a live theatre audition.
   - Your video should be uploaded to YouTube and set to “Unlisted”.

We have also provided two song cuts and accompaniment for *If I Only Had a
Brain *(from “The Wizard of Oz”) and *Ease on Down the Road *(from “The
Wiz”) if you’d like to use these cuts as a general audition song.

*(visit *https://www.dobama.org/working-at-dobama *for sheet music and
accompaniment tracks**)*

*HOW TO SUBMIT:*

Please email the Unlisted YouTube link in an email along with an attached:

   - completed audition form
   <https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5580035be4b09fc4720d3405/t/61d7639ced1ee4004ba338b9/1641505692854/LAND+OF+OZ+Dobama+Theater+General+Audition+Form+2021-22+season.pdf>
   - resume
   - headshot

Email link and attachments to: auditions at dobama.org

Audition forms and instructions for uploading an Unlisted YouTube link can
be found at https://www.dobama.org/working-at-dobama.

S*UBMIT FOR DIRECT CONSIDERATION:*
Actors who have auditioned for Dobama numerous times in recent years and/
or have been recently cast in a Dobama production may submit for direct
consideration for callbacks without a video audition. These actors should
send a completed audition form, resume, and headshot to:
auditions at dobama.org

*CALL BACKS **(by invitation only*)*: *

Sunday, February 20th, 5pm-10pm
Monday, February 21st, 6pm-10pm