[NEohioPAL] This Week @Imposters Theater - Sketch Night, Improv Jam, & New Workshops!

Imposters Comedy imposterscomedy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:27:02 PST 2022

*This Week @Imposters Theater*
Hello, new friend - sign up for our email newsletter here
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=cf00711743&e=8aeda9a7f9>

*Imposters Sketch Night @Forest City Brewery*
Friday 01/28 8pm $10
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=1b368cc65b&e=8aeda9a7f9>
Imposters Sketch Night features two of Cleveland’s top sketch groups each
performing 20-minute sets and a few special guest performances.

Hosted by Michael Busch (Conan, Adam Ruins Everything)

Featuring 20-minute sets from:
Whoops! - Jordan Euell, Cam Godfrey, Maria Serra, Nicole Miller, JT
Godfrey, Mackenzie Maguire
Amsterdang - Ryan Santa, Sam Dee, Mike Frye, Amy Schwabauer

*Imposters Improv Play Lab: An Improv Jam*
Saturdays 2-4pm
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=fe49021054&e=8aeda9a7f9>
The Imposters Improv Play Lab is an inclusive space for anyone looking to
expand their creativity. Improv comedy is the foundation we use to explore
how much we can make using nothing but our bodies and imagination. Whether
you are new to improv or have been in a troupe since the dawn of Chicago,
the Play Lab is a space for us to meddle with our funny.

Hosted by Scott Shepard, Alex Heckman, Lauren Francis

*Improv Level 3 with Ryan Santa*
Saturdays 12-2pm Beginning 01/29
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=35a99a603a&e=8aeda9a7f9>
This class is a continuation of Imposters Improv Level 2. If you have not
taken our Level 2 class, but have similar experience elsewhere, please
email us at imposterscomedy at gmail.com before signing up.

This class focuses on:
-Group games/scenes
-Callbacks/second beats of scenes
-the Harold format

*Moving From Think to Ink: A Sitcom Pilot Workshop with Kevin Bain*
Sunday 01/30 3-6pm
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=4e137999b5&e=8aeda9a7f9>
 $45
Sitcom pilots are among the most-requested work samples when deciding
whether to represent or hire a comedy writer. Pilots are also requirement
for most TV fellowships and writing competitions. But without formal
screenwriting background pilot scripts are tough to navigate. *This
workshop will equip you with tools needed to get your ideas onto the
scripted page.*
*Coming Up @Imposters Theater*
*Sing, Play, Act! A Musical Improv Workshop with Sarah Storer*
Sunday 02/20 1:30-6pm $80
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=58457ea9e1&e=8aeda9a7f9>
The best musical improvisers aren't always the best singers, nor do they
always craft the cleverest lyrics or the best rhymes. Instead, they have
the right balance of heart, conviction and simplicity and have a real love
for great characters and stories. In this four hour improvised musical
workshop, participants will learn:

   -

   How heart, conviction and simplicity are THE core tenants to musical
   improv
   -

   How music acts as the emotional heartbeat of solid scene work
   -

   How story structure and character tropes drive plot (and not the other
   way around!)
   -

   How to to use improvised group numbers, duets and solos to build a fully
   realized improvised musical

*Louder/Faster/Funnier: A Comedy Acting Workshop with Gregory James*
Sunday 02/27 2-5pm $45
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=977a53aaa2&e=8aeda9a7f9>
This workshop is perfect for the standup, writer, improviser, or anyone in
the acting scene who wants to sharpen their comedic acting skills, helping
you make bolder, funnier choices on stage.

This workshop is a crash course in acting for comedy, lifting the text off
the page, and self-direction. We’ll dive into what makes a solid foundation
for acting, breaking down a scene or sketch, and learn some techniques that
can help you feel confident when acting for comedy.

Whether you’ve never taken an acting class before or you’ve been studying
for years and would like to brush up on some fundamentals, this workshop
can give you some new tips and tricks to elevate your comedic sensibilities.

*Try Improv! A Beginners Improv Workshop with Kim Pride*
Sunday 02/27 6-8pm $30
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=e7377a7c9c&e=8aeda9a7f9>
This is a welcoming, fun workshop for absolute beginners run by one of our
veteran performer/instructors.
If you want to:
-Dip your toe into improv before committing to a full class
-Try something new and creative
-Find an unique activity for a date/friend night
-Just want a night out to meet other fun, creative people in a supportive
environment
This workshop is for you!