[NEohioPAL] Black writers needed for Melanated Mondays

Meredith King mlaurenking at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 20:32:50 PST 2022

*Black Revolutionary Theatre Workshop* is looking for work from Black
writers to be performed at our monthly virtual event, *Melanated Mondays*.

*What is Melanated Mondays? **A Black-ass good time. *
Okay, but seriously this time: Each month, Black Revolutionary Theatre
Workshop curates a selection of new works by the hottest up-and-coming
Black writers around a new theme. On the 3rd Monday of each month, BRTW’s
ensemble brings these pieces to life and facilitates a community
conversation about the underlying societal issues highlighted in the pieces
and potential solutions to those challenges. We partner with organizers,
educators, and organizations to share key avenues of civic engagement we
all can undertake to make our communities more just and equitable.

*The Details*

   - Submissions should be no more than 20 minutes in length.  We are open
   to promoting longer works from time to time, but it is the exception not
   the rule.
   - The work must be by a Black writer/ Black writing team
   - The work explicitly impacts Black people
   - The work deals with an aspect of social justice
   - The work fits within that month’s theme or genre. (Themes can found
   here: https://www.blackrevolutionarytheatreworkshop.org/melanated-mondays
   )
   - Writers whose work is shared will be paid a $25 honorarium

While Black Revolutionary Theatre Workshop is predominately dedicated to
theatre, we also accept poetry, short story, and screenplay submissions.
Submissions do not have to be a completely polished work, but should be
ready to be shared with an audience.

*Submit Your Work*

Writers can submit their work here: https://airtable.com/shr9KOsK68EZX9K8E

Questions? Contact meredith at thebrtw.org