[NEohioPAL] Lakeland's Assassins opens on Saturday, February 5

Martin Friedman martinfriedman98 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 13:35:48 PST 2022

 Assassins
Music and Lyrics by *Stephen Sondheim*
Book by *John Weidman*
Produced and Directed by *Martin Friedman*
Musical Direction by *Jordan Cooper*
Sets by *Trad A Burns*
Costumes by *Kelsey Tomlinson*
Lighting by *Patrick Ciamacco*
Sound by *Eric Simna*
Production Stage Management by *Tiffany Trapnell*

*American Presidents. *We’ve all lived long enough to loathe a few.

*But what goes through the head of someone who tries to kill the President
of the United States?*

*We’ve come up with a few possible reasons. Test Question:  Can you guess
which ones are true?*

To sell more books
As an act of patriotism
To cure a case of gastric distress
For political justice
To get a date
To impress a guy named Charlie
To confront class inequities
So people will know “where I’m coming from”

*Answer:  All of the them.*

*If you’ve never seen Assassins by Stephen Sondheim and John Weidman, *
don’t be put-off by the seemingly bizarre subject matter.
There’s a reason this musical has been honored with numerous Tony Awards.
And there are many more reasons why this musical has had prestigious
revivals on Broadway and London’s East End and why it’s performed scores of
times,
year after year, by regional theaters and on college campuses.

*Still not sure?  Check out the original Broadway Cast Soundtrack of
Assassins by going to YouTube*.

*If you’ve seen Assassins before,*
you already know the stories these men and women tell
and the songs they sing aren’t simply the self-centered rants of lunatics
and the characters
depicted aren’t mere historical figures.  On-stage, they become alive as
metaphors
for the lethal discontent in our society, indelibly tattooed in the
American psyche.
Assassins leaves a profound impression on everyone who sees it.
Please, don’t miss this opportunity to share that experience with your
friends that didn’t
get to New York City over the last few months to see the recent revival
or the last time it was produced in Cleveland.

During the first three weekends in February, these assassins will tell their
stories at Lakeland Community College.

*Lakeland Theatre and Lakeland Community College present*
*“Assassins”*
*Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim*
* Book by John Weidman   *

*Dates*: Feb. 5, 11, 12, 18 and 19 at 7:30 p.m. and Feb. 6, 13 and 20 at 2
p.m.
*Admission prices*: Adult $15, Senior $12, Veteran $12, Student/Youth $7

*Due to COVID restrictions, tickets are NOT available for purchase at the
door.*
*Instead, you must buy your tickets in advance, which can be done by
clicking here:*
*https://tinyurl.com/LakelandAssassins*
<https://nighttowncleveland.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c0a17b949ebe29eab9654f6d0&id=91a42660e2&e=3fd15f3cb7>
*Questions:  Call 216-233-5441*