[NEohioPAL] Peter Anthony Fields' play gets wonderful reviews!

Joy (Decker) Borland joydecker at roadrunner.com
Sun Feb 27 05:28:40 PST 2022

Playwright Peter Anthony Fields' one-act stage play, MONSTER, will
premiere in St. Louis, MO on March 4, 5, and 6, and again on March 11,
12, and 13, as a selection of First Run Theatre's Spectrum 2022
Festival of Short Plays.
The works of seven other playwrights will also be showcased,
including Steve Martin, Bruce Bradley, Marcia Eppich-Harris, John
Busser, Karen Saari, Joe Weintraub, and Rita Winters.
Fellow playwrights have this to say about MONSTER, by Peter Anthony
Fields:
Christopher Plumridge: [1] 28 Sep. 2021 “ From half way
down page one I became fully engrossed in this powerful and stirring
piece by Fields. School shootings must be amongst the most upsetting
and heartbreaking events to ever have to hear of. We all question the
existence of God in these horrible situations, the writer brilliantly
brings this to the stage in his excellent, highly tense script. This
will stick in my mind. ”
Andrew Martineau: [2] 27 Sep. 2021 “ MONSTER is an
allegorical drama that packs a potential full-length narrative into
ten brief minutes. The piece is so intense in its questioning of God
and of those who preach forgiveness after a school shooting that it
works well as a very short play. The horror of this scene and twist at
the end leaves the audience’s heads spinning in what I would imagine
to be shocked silence. This play would certainly generate much
discussion about the moral ambiguities that Fields explores.
Breathtakingly dramatic! ”
Congratulations, Peter! We are proud of you!