[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS: Student film at University of Akron, unpaid

Sarah Shively sys7 at uakron.edu
Tue Mar 1 16:55:27 PST 2022

My name is Sarah Shively, and I am looking for actors to be in a short film I am writing and directing for my senior honors project at the University of Akron. I will be shooting the film this semester. I plan to start filming this March.
The working title for the film is “The Escape.” The film follows homeschooled high school senior Christine White as her endeavors to attend college and discover what happened to her estranged older sister lead her to a shocking discovery, forcing Christine to choose whether to remain in the life she’s always known, or to escape.
CHARACTERS
CHRISTINE WHITE - Eighteen-year-old homeschooled high school student. She's a quiet, slim girl who doesn't seem to have much backbone. Typically a sweet, quiet girl. Christine shared a strong bond with her sister.

MARIA WHITE - Christine's mother. Mid-forties. She is a housewife and homeschooling mom. Very religious, dresses conservatively. She is the dominant figure in the White family home. Maria’s greatest fear is that Christine will go down the same path that Jessie did.

JESSIE WHITE - Christine's older sister, about 22 years old during the events of The Escape. At 19, she was disowned for coming out as lesbian. Still trying to find her place in the world and recover from religious trauma while also figuring out how best to help her sister.

JOHN WHITE - Christine's father. Mid-to-late forties. He's a solidly built, conservative man with short hair. He's usually away at work during the day but enjoys spending time with his family in the evening. While he does share Maria's religious beliefs and fully supports her homeschooling efforts, he does tend to bring a more practical view to the table, such as asking that Christine apply to a nearby secular college in case she doesn't make it into the Christian university.

My contact info:

Email: sys7 at uakron.edu<mailto:sys7 at uakron.edu>

Phone: 330-256-4228