[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Log Cabin by Jordan Harrison at convergence-continuum

Cory Molner cmolner at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 7 10:57:34 PST 2022

Auditions for Log Cabin by Jordan Harrison, directed by EvaNel Brettrager & Cory Molner

Saturday, March 12th, 1-3pm Sunday, March 13th7-9pm at convergence-continuum

AVAILABLE ROLES:

EZRA. Late 30’s, white.

CHRIS, His Husband. Mid 30’s, black.

JULES. Short for Julia. Late 30’s.

PAM, her wife. 40.

HENRY. Late 30s, trans male.

MYNA, his girlfriend. Mid 20s.

All roles in this production will receive a stipend ($400).

Theater policy requires all production participants to bevaccinated against Covid.

ABOUT THE PLAY:

It’s a faraway age of hope and inclusivity; in other words,it’s 2015. When a tight-knit circle of married gays and lesbians – comfy in thenew mainstream – see themselves through the eyes of their rakish transgenderpal, it’s clear that the march toward progress is anything but unified. Withstinging satire and acute compassion, Jordan Harrison’s pointed comedy chartsthe breakdown of empathy that happens when we think our rights are secure,revealing conservative hearts where you’d least expect. It’s a faraway age ofhope and inclusivity; in other words, it’s 2015. When a tight-knit circle ofmarried gays and lesbians – comfy in the new mainstream – see themselvesthrough the eyes of their rakish transgender pal, it’s clear that the marchtoward progress is anything but unified. With stinging satire and acutecompassion, Jordan Harrison’s pointed comedy charts the breakdown of empathythat happens when we think our rights are secure, revealing conservative heartswhere you’d least expect.

ABOUT THE AUDITIONS:

Saturday, March 12th, 1-3pm, & Sunday, March13th 7-9pm at the Liminis Theater, 2438 Scranton Rd. Cleveland,44113 (Tremont Neighborhood)

PRODUCTION DATES:

May 20- June 11 (Thu-Sat evenings)

Need info:

For further information and for scheduling an audition,contact the director, Eva Nel Brettrager atevanel.brettrager89 at gmail.com. If you cannot make these audition dates, please contact the director for alternate arrangements.

Cory MolnerExecutive Artistic Director, convergence-continuum Theater(He/Him/His)