[NEohioPAL] VIRTUAL CLASSES for all ages and abilities!

Tessa Gaffney tessa at centerforada.org
Wed Mar 9 07:00:00 PST 2022

Our Online Classes for Spring 2022 feature an expanded curriculum designed
to encourage growth in theatre arts and in social and emotional development
and interpersonal communication skills. Over the course of Spring sessions,
we will be offering classes that build on prior skills as well as courses
for beginners. We are committed to continuing our online programming so
that youth and adults of all abilities, no matter where they are located,
can join our classes and perform in our productions. And with virtual
classes, no masks or social distancing are required!

Classes are on Saturdays, March 26 through May 28
*Ten weeks/one hour a week, $125*

*Improv for All, 11:00AM-12:00 PM ET*
This CADA class is those who love to play theatre games, make up silly
characters, and make people laugh! For all ages, all abilities, all levels
of experience. Skills include: saying “yes” to scene partners, listening
and responding, taking turns, making appropriate choices, developing story
structure, knowing when to enter and exit, and knowing when and how to end
scenes. This class is for both new and continuing students.

*Virtual Theatre Production, 1:00-2:00 PM ET*
Explore the techniques of devising a virtual performance through theatre
games, improvisation and research. Topics include: the power of diversity
in developing a theme, developing mutual support for all participants,
planning and organizing a rehearsal schedule, techniques for co-acting and
shared directing. The class will develop an original devised performance to
be shared at the CADA Variety Show.

*Voice Acting, 3:00-4:00 PM ET*
Create multiple characters by employing vocal techniques involving pitch,
breath control, posture, jaw stretches, resonators, and all the
articulators (lips, teeth, tongue). The class will work with characters
that are found in scripts for stage, film, radio, tv and animation. The
goal will be for each actor to develop at least three different and
consistent character voices that will be shared at the CADA Variety Show.

*Sign up at https://centerforada.org/classes
<https://centerforada.org/classes>*

--

*Tessa Gaffney*
Marketing Director, *The Center for Applied Drama and Autism*