[NEohioPAL] 2nd Act - Ohio Casting Notice

Karen Snyder karen at weare2ndact.org
Wed Apr 20 11:43:55 PDT 2022

**Seeking male actors (18-30 role age range) **in the Cleveland metro area
who have the flexibility for shows throughout the year(s). **NEED ACTOR FOR
MAY 12/13 and beyond**We strongly encourage people of color and
differently-abled people to audition. **

**Pays $120/each in-person show **(2.5-hour time commitment) - rate
increases annually; $25/hr. (in-person rehearsals); $15/hr. (virtual
meetings/rehearsals). Travel reimbursement provided. Non-union.

As a recovery friendly workplace priority is given to actors in recovery
from alcohol and other drug use, **OR **who have a close lived experience
with substance use disorder (i.e. have a personal relationship or lived
experience with family/friends/significant others with substance use
disorder). Proof of covid-19 vaccination required for employment.

We are casting actors to perform roles in multiple shows. This is more than
a one-time acting gig. We are a professional, mission-driven, regional
touring theater company in Ohio. 2nd Act is a newly merged organization of
Improbable Players (IP) and Creating Outreach About Addiction Support
Together (COAAST) that has been using theater performances and workshops to
address addiction and the opioid epidemic for the combined past 40+ years.
Together they provide educational programming around substance use disorder
to youth in schools and communities. Our performances are 30-40 minute
plays followed by a 20-minute Q&A with the audience.

For consideration, submit a *headshot*, *acting résumé* and *reels* to
"*staff at weare2ndact.org
<staff at weare2ndact.org>*" with the subject line "Ohio Actor Submission -
(your name) and fill out this form for consideration:
https://forms.gle/nAE97zFufL1YXiwW8