[NEohioPAL] Mighty Goliath Productions holding Director Auditions Sat, May 14th for 2023 Musical Production

Mighty Goliath mightygoliathproductions at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:43:14 PDT 2022

*Who: Mighty Goliath Productions (MGP)*
*What:  Audition for Director*
*When: Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 10:00am*
*Where: Avon Lake CIty Public Library, Friends Room (32649 Electric Blvd,
Avon Lake, OH 44012)*

Mighty Goliath Productions (MGP) is a non-profit community theater steeped
in a tradition of volunteers, service, family and fun. All participants, be
it production staff, actors, musicians, or stage crafters volunteer their
time and talent to bring joy to the community and raise funds for the Avon
Lake Performing Arts Programs.

Prospective Directors should be prepared to pitch 2 to 3 big book, Broadway
style musicals. Shows should be geared for a large cast and family
friendly. While MGP has an extensive alumni base willing to step into
production staff roles, directors are encouraged to bring in a team for
those roles, including positions such as musical director, stage manager,
choreographer, set designer, etc. Please include expected budgetary needs
for each production pitch, keeping in mind that we are a non-profit group
made up completely of volunteers and have a small show budget (approx
$10-15K including show rights, and the cast generally aids in costuming
themselves).

MGP holds a non-traditional community theater rehearsal schedule, typically
holding auditions in August and beginning full cast rehearsals in
September/October and only on Friday evenings. Additional rehearsals for
principal roles or featured dancers are allowed and the Director must aid
in acquiring space for those dates. Show dates will be solidified soon, it
will take place in late January or early February of 2023.

Please feel free to visit our website at www.mightlygoliath.com to view a
full list of our past shows, learn more about our traditions, history and
mission.

A pitch meeting is scheduled for Saturday, May 14th beginning at 10:00 AM.
Interested individuals should email their resume to
mightygoliathproductions at gmail.com and a time will be scheduled for your
pitch. A/V will be available if you would like to bring a digital
presentation, or if you provide a word/pdf document in advance, it will be
made available to our Board Members for the meeting.

Please feel free to reach out to us at mightygoliathproductions at gmail.com if
you have any questions regarding our traditions, show season or production
requirements.

We thank you in advance for your interest!
Catherine Reeves Geib
MGP Board President