[NEohioPAL] Free Open Mic for young actors and writers - Tuesday May 17th at 4:30pm at The Mansion at Studio West 117!

Mindy Herman herman.mindy at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:26:51 PDT 2022

Join us for a FREE open mic style monthly event after school!
Come into *The Text Kitchen
<http://theumbrellatheatre.com/text-kitchen.html>* on the 3rd Tuesday of
every month!

Emerging LGBTQIA+ writers, theatre artists and allies ages 15-20: bring
your work and hear it performed by young actors! Free snacks and lots of
advice from working writers and theatre professionals!

*WHERE:*
*The Mansion at Studio West* <https://studiowest117.com/map/>
(The former Cannon-Catavolos building, just east of Sabau Furs)
11210 Detroit Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102

*WHEN:*
4:30pm-6:30pm
May 17th, 2022
June 21st, 2022
Fall dates to be announced!
*WHAT:*
*The Text Kitchen* is a free monthly writing and acting workshop for
LGBTQIA+ youth and allies (ages 15-20) .

Writers, actors and interested audiences members are invited to bring work,
practicing their performance skill and develop their critical minds.

Writers can bring up to 12 pages of new written work (traditional theatre
scripts, screenplays, monologues, spoken word, etc). Actors who come are
cast on the spot to perform in front of an audience in an open mic style
format.

The audience is encouraged to give constructive feedback to the writers and
the actors in an incubator model to aid in the development of the writer
and the work.

*The Text Kitchen* is a welcoming and inclusive space that offers
professional advice and resources to foster the talent of emerging artists.

*WHY:*
Early artist development opportunities are rare for young adults and barely
exist for those without the financial means to participate.

We are thrilled to partner with Studio West, The West 117 Foundation and
the Char and Chuck Fowler Family Foundation to support and encourage young
LGBTQIA+ writers and performers.

*MORE INFO:*
No need to make a reservation - we will toss the names of all attending
writers into a hat and pick as many as we can read in the time we have!

Actors will be cast at the event so be sure to arrive right at 4:30pm to be
considered!

Any other questions, please contact Executive Director Mindy Herman at
216.990.2665 or click here <info at theumbrellatheatre.com> to send an email!
Mindy Childress Herman
www.footstepsmediallc.com
www.theumbrellatheatre.com