[NEohioPAL] THE PHOENIX SOCIETY by Peter Lawson Jones | May 20 - 29, 2022

Playwrights Local playwrightslocal at gmail.com
Sat May 14 11:41:40 PDT 2022

THE PHOENIX SOCIETY

A new play by Peter Lawson Jones

Directed by Terrence Spivey

A Special Workshop Production

Presented by Playwrights Local <http://www.playwrightslocal.org/> and Life
Exchange Center <https://www.lifeexchangecenter.com/>

May 20 — 29, 2022

Thursday through Saturday at 7:30 pm & Sunday at 2:30 pm

SHOWPAGE <http://www.playwrightslocal.org/the-phoenix-society/>

PERFORMANCES

May 20 — 29, 2022

Thursday through Saturday at 7:30 pm & Sunday at 2:30 pm

VENUE

Creative Space at Waterloo Arts
397 East 156th Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44110

SPECIAL POST-SHOW RECEPTION

Immediately following performances at EMW Fine Dining Event Venue

Friday, May 20

LINKS

Webpage: http://www.playwrightslocal.org/the-phoenix-society/

Tickets: https://playwrights-local.ticketleap.com

PARTNER ORGANIZATION

Life Exchange Center (LEC) is a consumer-directed, certified Peer Support
drop-in center with a mission to empower its members' Recovery from mental
health and chemical dependency disorders. LEC commissioned this original play,
The Phoenix Society, to inspire hope to its members, their loved ones, and
anyone who has begun re-birth in Recovery. Find additional information on
LEC at www.lifeexchangecenter.org and connect with them on social media at
www.facebook.com/LifeExchangeCenter.

SYNOPSIS

Will Coulter, a widower with a teenage daughter, comes home from the war in
Afghanistan. He returns with a debilitating case of PTSD and depression as
well as a drug addiction, the severity of which he denies. Can a group of
men and women—who, themselves, are battling mental health and substance
abuse challenges—save him?

TICKETS

$20 Adults | $15 Seniors-Students-Groups

All seats General Admission with accommodations available upon request.

info at playwrightslocal.org | (216) 302-8856

SAFETY

Due to the small size of our venue, all patrons must wear masks covering
both the nose and mouth while in attendance for all performances at
Playwrights Local in May 2022. Masks must be surgical, KN95, or N95, and
must not be bandanas, face shields, or other substitutes. Surgical masks
will be provided at no cost at our box office. Playwrights Local reserves
the right to revise this policy in the event of another spike in cases or
similar health crisis. For additional information, consult our policy at
www.playwrightslocal.org/safety.