[NEohioPAL] Norwalk Arts Center Teen Theatre Presents "Spelling Bee"

Vanessa Cook cooktheatredesigns at gmail.com
Thu May 26 19:16:39 PDT 2022

Join the NAC Teen Theatre at the Norwalk Arts Center for their production
of *The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee* June 10 and 11 at 7:30 pm
and June 12 at 2:30 pm.

Winner of the 2005 Tony Award for Best Book of a Musical, *The 25th Annual
Putnam County Spelling Bee *invites us into the lives of six young,
eclectic spelling bee contestants and the three adults attempting to run
the contest. Themes of friendship, pride and selflessness take form in this
musical featuring music and lyrics by William Finn, a book by Rachel
Sheinkin and conceived by Rebecca Feldman.

The production team includes; Vanessa Cook, Director, Ethan Smith-Cohen,
Music Director, Rylie Mullen, Choreography, Izzy Ballard, Stage Manager.
Costume, props and sets were designed and created by Cook Theatre Designs.

The cast includes students from around the region representing EHOVE,
Edison, Western Reserve, Margaretta, Norwalk St Paul, and Avon Lake High.
The talented group includes: Amelia Hammond as Rona Lisa Peretti, David
Barcus as William Barfée, Katelyn Libertowski as Logainne
SchwartzandGrubenierre, Katherine Soltis as Olive Ostrovsky, Audry Payton
as Michelle (Mitch) Mahoney/Dan Dad, Guinness Ruffing as Vice Principal
Douglas Panch, Bryce Cook as Charlito " Chip" Tolentino/Olive’s Dad,
Christian Pudelski as Leaf Coneybear/Carl Dad, Taryn Hahn as Marcy Park,
and Jessica Sprague as Olive's Mom/Guest Speller and Izzy Ballard as Carl
Dad/Jesus/Guest Speller.

“We are very excited for our teen theatre’s debut production. This is a
really fun show that celebrates uniqueness and reminds us that winning
isn’t everything,” said Vanessa Cook, Co-Founder of the Norwalk Arts Center
and director of the show. “I think our audience will love it and might even
get in on the competition.”

Norwalk Arts Center Teen Theatre is made possible in part by state tax
dollars allocated by the Ohio Legislature to the Ohio Arts Council (OAC).
The OAC is a state agency that funds and supports quality arts experiences
to strengthen Ohio communities culturally, educationally, and economically.

This show is PG-13 due to some mature content. Tickets are available at
NorwalkArtsCenter.org

cookt <cooktheatredesigns at gmail.com>heatre <cooktheatredesigns at gmail.com>
designs at gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/CookTheatreDesigns