[NEohioPAL] FREE Shakespeare in the Park returns 6/24

keith kornajcik keithkorn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:24:59 PDT 2022

After bringing you a plague induced “virtual” season, followed by a
shortened 2021 season, *The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival *is delighted to
be back to full capacity for our *25th Anniversary Season!*

This summer we are proud to present *Hamlet *directed by CSF’s artistic
director, *Dusten A. Welch, *as well as *The Learned Ladies *by
*Moliere, *translated
by *Timothy Mooney *and directed by *Keira McDonald.*

The season kicks off with Shakespeare’s melancholy prince, widely
considered one of the greatest plays in the English language. If you only
know *Hamlet *from a high school English class, be prepared for an intense
and visceral experience. *Hamlet *performs from *June 24 - July 10*,
hitting parks and public spaces all over the Greater Cleveland area. *All
performances start at 7 p.m.*

*Hamlet Tour Dates:*

   -

   *Friday, June 24: **Cleveland Heights/Coventry P.E.A.C.E. Park*
   -

   *Saturday, June 25: **Bentleyville/Bentleyville Community Park*
   -

   *Sunday, June 26: **Berea/Coe Lake Park*
   -

   *Friday, July 1: **South Euclid/Notre Dame College*
   -

   *Saturday, July 2: **Mentor/James A. Garfield Historic Site*
   -

   *Sunday, July 3: **Shaker Heights/Van Aken Market District*
   -

   *Friday, July 8: **Tremont/Lincoln Park*
   -

   *Saturday, July 9: **Lorain/Black River Landing*

   - *Sunday, July 10: **Bay Village/BAYarts*

Our second production this summer is *The Learned Ladies *written by
*Moliere*, essentially the French equivalent to Shakespeare, and a
gentleman responsible for some of the finest comedies ever presented
onstage. *The Learned Ladies *performs *July 22 - August 7. All
performances start at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted.*

*The Learned Ladies Tour Dates:*

   -

   *Friday, July 22: **Cleveland Heights/Coventry P.E.A.C.E. Park*
   -

   *Saturday, July 23: **Lakewood/Lakewood Park*
   -

   *Sunday, July 24: **Berea/Coe Lake Park*
   -

   *Friday, July 29: **Downtown Cleveland/Public Square*
   -

   *Saturday, July 30: **Mentor/James A. Garfield Historic Site*
   -

   *Sunday, July 31: **Lorain/Black River Landing*
   -

   *Friday, August 5: **Euclid/Sims Park*
   -

   *Saturday, August 6: **Tremont/Lincoln Park*
   -

   *Sunday, August 7: **Lakeside/Lakeside Chautauqua ***6 p.m. start**
   - As always, *CSF’s performances are FREE,* but donations are gladly
   accepted! We encourage you to bring a blanket or lawn chair. And, of
   course, bring a picnic to indulge in the full “*Shakespeare in the Park”
   *experience!
   - Our performances are outdoors, but we do attempt to secure indoor
   spaces near our venues in case of inclement weather. Please follow our
   social media pages for any updates.
   - Visit our website *cleveshakes.com*
   <https://cleveshakes.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=609d7d7137b1080f5da35c7b1&id=d7d90f69c9&e=691518bbaa>
for
   more information on our venues, season, and The Cleveland Shakespeare
   Festival.
   We look forward to seeing you in the park!