[NEohioPAL] Rent presented by the Kent Trumbull Theatre

Kildow, Eric ekildow at kent.edu
Fri Jun 17 12:20:05 PDT 2022

Rent is a rock musical with music, lyrics, and book by Jonathan Larson, loosely based on Giacomo Puccini's 1896 opera La Bohème. It tells the story of a group of impoverished young artists struggling to survive and create a life in Lower Manhattan's East Village in the thriving days of bohemian Alphabet City, under the shadow of HIV/AIDS.

On Broadway, Rent gained critical acclaim and won several awards, including the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the Tony Award for Best Musical. The Broadway production closed on September 7, 2008, after 12 years, making it one of the longest-running shows on Broadway.

Kent Trumbull's production is directed by Melanie Lucas, with music direction by Emma Wason and Choreography by Dana Warren-Tolios.  The cast runs the gamut from veterans of the Trumbull stage to newcomers!  Please come support local awesome.

Dates: July 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 @ 7:30pm. July 24 & 31 @ 2pm.

Tickets can be purchased at:
https://ksuttrent.bpt.me<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fksuttrent.bpt.me%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR30C7n9rovh-e_5nlb_MqQUN-B-ZrIyeOynEQsKvPBH6ybebpB8utbXucQ&h=AT37PeJf9re9wOTXSaDxataON0VuRB0N5eYIQJNns7x7_EaLCJaa2Q6JmSlaHr0z_Bp6JYML48Tos7VMRYIlq49WDoPVGaY-6PqmvVRYd8bfgCNxxM2gFMiQzOZRpiF_wg&__tn__=q&c%5b0%5d=AT0H4pqsQ1gqHG06c8uwW8MT21W-0X1sk84J7sCmZaqX_I05DXDcExpIqDC91dwrZTUpGC-5jPALL-7j8mdmOteTpL-0lDDWhpSkvR4XKBi1IOH03OSgOes8Eq_bnK4AUlXQfZMGOrbUJvoeCl0_YnkpGyyDjgqPm1qLuBRB5IU81vA>

Or Calling the Box Office @ 330.675.8887. Box Office Hours TWR 10am-2pm.

Please note that all ticket sales are final. Exchanges for other showings may be possible with 24 hours notice and a $5 per ticket fee.

Eric S. Kildow, Associate Professor & Program Director
School of Theatre and Dance
Kent State University at Trumbull

"We are all ancestors in training." -Larissa Fasthorse