[NEohioPAL] Beck Center seeks Hip Hop Instructor

Melanie Szucs mszucs at beckcenter.org
Fri Jun 24 12:14:00 PDT 2022

Beck Center for the Arts Dance Education is seeking new instructors to join our faculty.  We have an opening for a hip hop instructor whose specialty is teaching beginning and intermediate level students ages 7-16 for the 2022-23 school year.  Our schedule consists of a 16 week fall semester, 19 week winter/spring semester and 7 week summer session.

Responsibilities

*         Teach fundamental hip hop skills and techniques in a dance studio setting.

*         Develop choreography that is relevant to the students and age and level appropriate.

*         Inform students of the history of hip hop and help make relevant connections to today's culture.

*         Promote self-esteem and confidence in and out of the studio.

*         Ensure that class material promotes cooperation, respect for others and teamwork.
Qualifications

*         Prior teaching experience, preferably with youth/teens.

*         Performance and/or choreographic experience.

*         Strong leadership and communication skills.

*         Artistic and creative with a passion for dance.

*         Patience in the classroom setting.

*         Post-secondary education in dance is a bonus.
Pay Rate
A competitive hourly rate will be discussed with each potential candidate.

Beck Center offers a fun and flexible working environment with a unique arts and education mission.  To apply in confidence, please send your resume and cover letter to Melanie Szucs at mszucs at beckcenter.org<mailto:mszucs at beckcenter.org>.  No phone calls please.
Beck Center for the Arts welcomes and engages individuals who share the goal of enhancing the human spirit through arts experiences.  As an equal opportunity employer ,Beck Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Learn more about us at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org>.  Beck Center for the Arts is a non-profit organization that combines professional theater with arts education.  We create arts experiences.  We are committed to creating an arts experience that is as individual as the people we serve with eclectic performances to suit many tastes, education opportunities for all ages and abilities, community outreach and free exhibits.