[NEohioPAL] Reminder: Workshop Players seeking directors for 2023-24 season

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 14:40:39 PDT 2022

June 2022

The purpose of this letter is to recruit directors for Workshop Players’
2023-2024 season. We are striving to get back to a sense of normalcy after
the pandemic. The 2022-2023 season is set with a limited number of shows
and several fund raisers. By the fall of 2023 it is our intention to return
to a full five show slate.

To that end we are hoping that you may be interested in submitting an
application along with a list of plays you may be interested in directing. *The
deadline for applying is August 1, 2022.*

*Please submit to Play Reading Committee Chair Pat Price at *
joeandpatprice at centurytel.net

*if you have not directed with us before, please include a theatrical
resume.

**Submit 4-5 plays that you would be interested in directing at
Workshop, along with
synopsis of the play (*may be copied and pasted from licensing agent)*.*

***
*Give a brief summary of why you believe the play would be effective in
our unique
theater-in-the-round space.

**Please be prepared to have at least one copy of each script
available for the play
reading committee should you be selected as one of the directors.*

Workshop Players Theater is a non profit, fully volunteer theater. It is
the longest running theater-in-the-round in Ohio (minus the pandemic break).
 We have a strong following in the surrounding community and hope that you
would like to be part of our theatre family.

Submitting directors may be interviewed by the Board of Trustees in August.

Due to the cost of production Workshop Players would do no more than one
musical in a season, so if submitting musicals also include some straight
plays to increase your chance of being chosen to direct. Be aware that our
backstage space is very limited, making massive scene changes difficult.

Workshop enjoys producing plays for children and adults alike, musicals,
comedies, and dramas —- and we will strive to put together a balanced
season based on what is submitted to us.

Thank you for your interest in our theater.

Pat Price
Play Reading Committee Chair
Workshop Players Theater Amherst, OH 44001

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001