[NEohioPAL] Open Rehearsals and Tickets for OUR COUNTRY'S GOOD

Craig Joseph craigjose at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 04:57:35 PDT 2022

Seat of the Pants Productions is offering three ways for the Cleveland
theatre community to engage with ten-month experimental rehearsal process:

*Get your tickets now!*

June 1789. In the penal colony that will later become Sydney, Australia, a
Marine lieutenant is tasked with putting on a play to celebrate the king's
birthday. The only catch? His cast members are the English convicts who
populate this distant Australian prison camp. Few of them can read, let
alone act, and the play is being produced against a background of food
shortages and barbaric punishments. Will this theatrical endeavor have the
desired civilizing influence, or will everything implode before the curtain
goes up?

Featuring ten cast members portraying 22 different characters - convicts
and officers alike - "Our Country's Good is a triumph...a tribute to the
transforming power of drama...It is heartening to find someone standing up
for theatre's unique spiritual power.” (The Guardian)

The show runs from August 5th through 21st, at Reinberger Auditorium in
Cleveland, Fridays through Sundays. Tickets range from $20-$25. More
information and the ability to purchase can be found at
ourcountrysgoodsotp.eventbrite.com.

*Join us for a rehearsal!*

Beginning on June 26th, the OCG ensemble will be rehearsing Sundays through
Thursdays - and our rehearsals are open to the public. If you're fascinated
by process and want to see what we've been building together over the past
8 months, please feel free to join us for all or part of one of our
sessions. We rehearse around NE Ohio - Cleveland, Akron, Canton - so let us
know where you want to attend, and we'll suggest a couple of evenings that
might work for you. E-mail craig at seatofthepants.org for more details.

*Follow along on our blog!*

The actors, directors, and designers of *OUR COUNTRY'S GOOD* have been
chronicling the entire process of building the show through a series of
blog entries about rehearsals, the design process, explorations at home on
our own, and more. If you're looking to geek out on a bunch of information
about what goes on behind the scenes of a production, check out all the
goodies at https://seatofthepants.org/our-countrys-good-2022.

That's all for now! Hope to have you engage with our storytelling soon!