[NEohioPAL] CPT's Student Theatre Enrichment Program (STEP) Presents Free Family-Friendly "The Myth of Me" at Area Parks Beginning July 28

Kimberly Furganson kfurganson at cptonline.org
Fri Jul 22 12:47:04 PDT 2022

Cleveland Public Theatre's
Student Theatre Enrichment Program (STEP) 2022 presents
THE MYTH OF ME<https://www.cptonline.org/performances/seasons/2022-2023/student-theatre-enrichment-program-step-2022/>
Free theatre in Cleveland parks
July 28 - August 7

Cleveland Public Theatre's (CPT) Executive Artistic Director Raymond Bobgan is proud to present the return of CPT's celebrated Student Theatre Enrichment Program (STEP)<https://www.cptonline.org/education/student-theatre-enrichment-program/>, Cleveland's longest-running arts and job training program for teens. STEP returns to outdoor venues this summer with the original play, The Myth of Me which is written and performed by 15 participating area high school students who attend Cleveland School of the Arts, Brooklyn Heights High School, St. Ignatius, Maple Heights High School, and Cornerstone Christian Academy.

ABOUT THE "THE MYTH OF ME"<https://www.cptonline.org/performances/seasons/2022-2023/student-theatre-enrichment-program-step-2022/>

A neighborhood at the crossroads of past and present faces a collective crisis when a young girl loses all sense of hope. A greedy landlord and mysterious events shake the community into an awakening that sparks a revolution of thought.  To succeed, they must begin to see one another truly for the first time. Inspired by familiar myths and legends, The Myth of Me urges us to ask what we really know of one another and ourselves. What are the truths, what are the lies, and what exists for all of us in the space between? Is our fate predetermined, or must we act to create our own destiny?  Infused with music and dance, this original piece offers joy, humor, and heart. Created by a team of talented Cleveland youth with guidance from professional local artists, The Myth of Me celebrates the important stories which exist within us all.

Producer Raymond Bobgan

Education Director Nicole Sumlin

Director Melissa Crum

Teaching Artists Cyril Amanfo, Zavi Odetta, Christian Mintah

Tech Team Leader Garrett Markgraf

Tech Team Assistant Janya Robinson

Costume Designer Inda Blatch-Geib

Assistant Designer and Crafts Person Dred Geib

Performance Ensemble: Hope (Zion) Benson, Nicole Capellan, Yousif Elberri, Avieana Faulks-Williams, Samantha Gallo, Samia Keeton, Jaylen King, Elisa Lovelace, Kayla Ponyard, Jaiyah Pryor, Tatyana Rojas-Hibbitt, Lauryn Stewart, Alija Toles, Isaiah Young, Ja'Miyah Youngs

Performances are family-friendly, free of charge and will be performed at local Cleveland outdoor parks.  For the full list of shows and locations visit CLICK HERE<https://www.cptonline.org/performances/seasons/2022-2023/student-theatre-enrichment-program-step-2022/>.