[NEohioPAL] 2022 NDC NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL CALL FOR SCRIPTS!

Cosentino, Celeste C. ccosentino at ndc.edu
Sat Aug 13 13:21:02 PDT 2022

2022 NDC NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL THEME: WE ARE CITIZENS OF THE WORLD
Nationally recognized and Cuyahoga County based playwright Eric Coble (Bright Ideas, Velocity of Autumn, Margin of Error) will write a world premiere short play (maximum of 30 minutes in length) to premiere at Notre Dame College in South Euclid! This piece will be presented with 2-3 additional new works from members of our greater community as part of our 2022 New Plays Festival.

This is where you come in – This call is open to Notre Dame College Faculty, Staff and Students, as well as residents of Cuyahoga County!

If you are a Cuyahoga Based playwright and/or performing artist and would like to submit a piece either you have already written or would like to write, we are looking for you!! If you would like to submit a piece, here are parameters:

  *   Selected piece should echo/focus on the festival theme We Are Citizens of the World.
  *   Pieces selected will be performed in workshop repertory with 3-4 others each night so minimal setting is preferred. We will have dynamic projection and light capabilities.
  *   Pieces with smaller casts (3-5) preferred due to the nature of the festival and production elements. Productions will be mounted as a minimally produced festival of new works!
  *   Pieces selected can be no shorter than 15 minutes and no longer than 30 minutes in length.
  *   Piece can be solo pieces, spoken word, include music (audio tracks only), and movement as well but must have a written storytelling element.
  *   The 2-3 additional pieces selected will receive an honorarium.

Here is some important information and dates!

  *   Submissions will be accepted through August 31, 2022.
  *   Submission should be emailed to Celeste Cosentino, Director of Theatre Studies, Notre Dame College Performing Arts. Email your submission to ccosentino at ndc.edu
  *   Format can be PDF, WORD, YOU TUBE links (if you have video footage of a piece) will also be accepted.

Selections will be made by a panel of NDC staff, community artists, and residents by September 23, 2022. Pieces selected will be notified during the following week.

The rehearsal period for selected works will be roughly November 1-17.
Performances will be held on November 18th and 19th @7:30 PM and the 20th @2:00 PM.
Playwrights selected may be asked to participate in talkbacks one of the three nights of performances (Nov 17-20).

We look forward to hearing from you!!