[NEohioPAL] Auditions for original one-acts at ABOB

Clay Nielsen hilltopr at mac.com
Wed Aug 17 16:55:53 PDT 2022

Wanna play Weird Al on stage? Or maybe be a talking and singing Covid virus?

Have we got the auditions for you!

Arlene’s Broadway on Buffalo, 236 Buffalo Street in Conneaut, OH, has announced auditions for our annual collection of one act plays will be August 19-20 at the theater. The Friday session will run from 7-9 p.m. and Saturday auditions will continue from 2-4 p.m. This is an open audition; appointments are not necessary.

 This year’s production will consist of five original short plays written by area authors. They all are set in a cheap room, from which the authors have let their imaginations run wild.

Directors this year are Doug Anderson, Erika Perko, John Meranda, David Bucci and Clay Nielsen. Performance dates are Sept. 30 and Oct. 1-2. Bucci is coordinating the production. This is an unpaid production.

The audition will consist of readings from the scripts. Age range for actors is mid teens and up;  a total of 15 roles are up for grabs. Actors, if they wish, may audition for multiple roles. Prospective auditioners may contact our Facebook page or David Bucci or Clay Nielsen for advance electronic copies of the scripts. Hard copies will be available at the audition. Email hilltopr at mac.com for more information.