[NEohioPAL] Apply for Cleveland Dance Fest Youth Showcase (Ages 12-18)

Liz Conway liz at themovementproject.org
Wed Aug 31 10:21:01 PDT 2022

APPLICATIONS ARE STILL OPEN for the Cleveland Dance Fest Youth Showcase
through September 5, 2022.

This performance opportunity is a great way to connect with professional
dance artists and showcase your student's work in a concert setting. In
addition to the performance, there will be a full roster of master classes
available for your youth dancers to attend.

IMPORTANT APPLICATION UPDATE AS OF 8/22/22: At time of submission, pieces *do
not need to be completed. *

*What does this mean for you? *

   - Do you have a piece you would like to submit, but they are not
   finished yet?
   - Do you have a piece that has been performed before, but you may need
   to recast?

Since pieces do not have to be finished by the time you apply, we hope this
can give you and your dancers flexibility in your process while still being
able to apply for an exciting performance opportunity!

Most dance schools/studios submit pieces from their recitals from the year
before or pieces they would like to bring back/refresh, or even pieces from
the competition season (past or present). We are looking for pieces in the
following styles of dance: modern/contemporary dance, ballet, pointe,
cultural & traditional dance forms (African, Indian, etc). We will be
accepting both small and large group pieces to perform.

Small Group Piece: 2-5 dancers

Large Group Piece: 6+ dancers

This application is for youth dance ensembles ages 12 -18 years old. All
dancers performing must be between 12 - 18 years old, no exceptions.

TMP will also be providing the following resources to CDF youth artists!

   -

   Professional video footage of your piece (digital copy)
   -

   Marketing & promotional support
   -

   Dressing room & warm-up space
   -

   Marley stage floor, professional lighting, lighting designer & stage
   manager
   -

   Free parking
   -

   Full tech rehearsal
   -

   A designated place to display your marketing material in the lobby of
   the theatre
   -

   Masterclasses

Would this be something you think your students would like to participate
in? If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Submission criteria, applications, and concert information can be found HERE
<https://www.themovementproject.org/cdf2022youthapp>. The deadline for the
Youth Showcase application deadline is September 5th, 2022 by 11:00 pm.

I look forward to another exciting year of work at CDF 2022!

--
*Liz Conway*
Company Member & Choreographer
Liz at themovementproject.org