[NEohioPAL] Child and Youth Auditions: SCROOGE The Musical

Josh Landis afdaberea at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 06:09:04 PDT 2022

Academy For Dramatic Arts is presenting Scrooge The Musical on December
9th-11th, directed and choreographed by Josh Landis. AFDA is a community
theater that guarantees a safe place for children and youth to be creative
and learn more about theater. We are seeking our perfect cast of youth from
fourth grade through 12th grade.

Performances will take place December 9-11; tech week December 4-8.
Note: there is a participation fee of $100, scholarships are available.

Auditions will be held on Sunday, September 11th at 4:00 PM and ending at
6:00 PM. If you are interested, please sign up using this link
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040444A4A62EA7FA7-scrooge .

We are excited to see all the talent walking through our doors for this
audition!

Where: 23114 West Road
Olmsted Falls, OH 44138

Preparation: No preparation is necessary. Just come in comfy clothes to
move in.

Plot Description: In 1860, cranky old Ebenezer Scrooge hates Christmas,
loathes people, defends the decrease of the surplus of the poor population,
runs his bank exploits his employee Bob Cratchit and clients, giving bitter
treatment to his nephew and acquaintances. However, on Christmas Eve, he is
visited by the doomed ghost of his former partner, Jacob Marley, who tells
him that three spirits will visit him that night. The first one, the spirit
of Christmas Past, recalls his miserable youth when he lost his only love
due to his greed, the ghost of Christmas Present shows him the poor
situation of Bob's family and how joyful life may be, and the spirit of
Christmas Yet To Come shows his fate. Scrooge finds that life is good, time
is too short, and suddenly you are not there anymore, changing his behavior
toward Christmas, Bob, his nephew, and people in general.

If anyone has any questions or comments about the audition or show feel
free to email afdaberea at gmail.com.