[NEohioPAL] Playmakers Youth Theatre Fall Season

Emma Miller emiller at mandeljcc.org
Thu Sep 8 15:17:26 PDT 2022

Join us as we bring three exciting productions to life at Playmakers! Playmakers Youth Theatre is a nurturing & creative environment that welcomes performers of all experience levels. This season, there's something for everyone!

THE WEDDING SINGER - open to 8th-12th graders; performances November 17-20
It's 1985. Hair is big, greed is good, collars are up, and the wedding singer just might be the coolest guy in the room. Based on the hit movie, this hilarious romantic comedy about rock star wannabee and a winsome waitress will find its way into your heart.
Directed by Eric Golovan & Choreographed by Adri Powell Lawrence
AUDITIONS: By appointment - email emiller at mandeljcc.org
Click here<https://www.mandeljcc.org/clientuploads/Playmakers/Wedding_Singer_Audition_Packet_-_Playmakers_Fall_2022.pdf?_t=1661549259> to download the audition packet, for performance schedule & more details

THE SOUND OF MUSIC - open to 2nd-9th graders; performances December 8-18
 The inspirational story follows Maria, a postulate who becomes governess for the seven mischievous children of the imperious Captain Von Trapp. As Maria brings music and joy back into the lives of the Von Trapps, tides begin to shift and Austrians face challenging decisions.
AUDITIONS: Sunday, September 11
1-2:30pm for 2nd-5th graders & 2-4pm for 6th-9th graders at the Mandel JCC
Click here<https://www.mandeljcc.org/clientuploads/Playmakers/Sound_of_Music_Audition_Packet_-_Playmakers_Fall_2022.pdf?_t=1661549434> to download the audition packet, for performance schedule & more details

PLAYMAKERS JR: INSIDE BEAUTY & THE BEAST - open to K-2nd graders
Be Our Guest as we explore the characters of Disney classic Beauty & The Beast. Playmakers' youngest performers will have the chance to play a starring role in their own magical musical! In addition to rehearsing a show with beloved characters & splashy songs, performers will explore creative dramatics, imaginative play, and movement.
Directed by Liza Kammer & Written by Emma Miller
Wednesdays from 4:30-5:45pm, late September-December
AUDITIONS: NOT REQUIRED, optional - Sunday, September 11, 1:00-4:00pm
Email emiller at mandeljcc.org<mailto:emiller at mandeljcc.org> to reserve a spot & for registration details

It is possible for 2nd graders to participate in both Playmakers Jr. & The Sound of Music, and it is possible for 8th and 9th graders to participate in both The Wedding Singer & The Sound of Music. Please note that all participants of Playmakers Youth Theatre must be fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC prior to their audition date.

Auditions are just around the corner -- we can't wait to see you soon,

Emma Miller
Playmakers Youth Theatre Director
(216) 831-0700 x1494
emiller at mandeljcc.org<mailto:emiller at mandeljcc.org>