[NEohioPAL] :: Ensemble Theatre opens its 43rd Season with 'Clybourne Park' ::

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Sun Sep 11 19:41:14 PDT 2022

*Ensemble Theatre *presents* "Clybourne Park". *By* Bruce Norris.*
:: Directed by Celeste Cosentino ::

*:: F**eaturing the talents of some amazing local Cleveland actors ::*
*Brian Pedaci* *(Russ/Dan)*, *Mary Werntz* *(Bev/Katy)*, *Jailyn Sherell
Harris **(Francine/Lena), * *Christian Ackhar **(Jim/Tom/Kenneth)*, *Nnamdi
Okpala* *(Albert/Kevin), **Dan Zalevksy** (Karl/Steve), *&* Hannah Storch *
*(Betsy/Lindsey).*

Winner of both the *Pulitzer Prize* and the *Tony Award *for *Best
Play,** 'Clybourne
Park'* is a razor-sharp satire about the politics of race. In response to
Lorraine Hansberry’s *'A Raisin in the Sun'*, playwright Bruce Norris
set up* 'Clybourne
Park' *as a pair of scenes that bookend Hansberry’s piece. Act One takes
place in 1959, as white community leaders anxiously try to stop the sale of
a home to a black family. Act Two is set in the same house in the present
day, as the now predominantly African-American neighborhood battles to hold
its ground in the face of gentrification.

*“Vital, sharp-witted and ferociously smart” *-The New York Times
*“A savagely funny and insightful time bomb*” -The Hollywood

September 23rd-October 9, 2022.
In our new location in South Euclid!
*Notre Dame College** :: Administration Building*
*Performing Arts Center*
4545 College Rd. :: South Euclid, OH 44121

*Visit:* www.ensembletheatrecle.org/clybournepark for more information!
*Run Time* :: Approximately 2hrs & 10min. *(Includes a 10 minute
intermission)*
*Content Advisory:* Contains *very strong language *and *themes.*

*$15-$32*. *Fridays & Saturdays* @7:30pm. *Sundays* @2pm.
*Pay What You Can Sunday 9/24 & 10/9. (Pay at Door).*
*Please Note: October 2nd’s *matinee has been bought by the *Ebony Bobcat
Network.*
This production is* supported* in part by a *grant* from the *Paul M.
Angell Family Foundation.*

*For Tickets* :: 216-321-2930 :: tickets at ensemble-theatre.org
*Online*: www.ensembletheatrecle.org/clybournepark

*Here is a link to Ensemble's current COVID protocol for our new space
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/covid19protocol> **(This may change, so
please check often). *
*Here is a link to Directions to our new location
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/contact/directions>.* Please do not
hesitate to call or email if you have any questions.

* *Please note we are not in the Regina Auditorium.  *
**All Ensemble staff and performers have been fully vaccinated. *

*We are excited to be back!! Join us for our 43rd season in our new home!! *
*Ensemble Theatre is generously supported by: *
*:: The SBA Shuttered Venue Operators Grant :: The Paul M. Angell Family
Foundation :: Cuyahoga Arts & Culture :: The Ohio Arts Council :: The Harry
K. & Emma R. Fox Foundation & More!*
*:: Ensemble is continually grateful for all our Individual Donors who
continue to support our award winning programming! :: Join our Ensemble
Family! *

*We look forward to seeing you in our audience! *

--
*Information*
info at ensemble-theatre.org :: 216-321-2930

*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org>*