[NEohioPAL] Actors needed for reading original script

Clay Nielsen hilltopr at mac.com
Mon Oct 10 11:04:36 PDT 2022

Do you want to be part of something new?

Arlene’s Broadway On Buffalo, 236 Buffalo St., Conneaut, OH is looking for help Sunday, Oct. 16, beginning at 3 p.m. as we do a  pre-audition reading/screening/evaluation of our newest offering, “Christmas Versus Carol.” The event will be held at the theater and is NOT an audition, but a theater community read-through which will give us a chance to evaluate and fine tune the script before the following weekend’s actual auditions.

We need people, preferably actors, willing to give a couple hours of their time to come to the theater and read the new script aloud. This will give us a chance to hear the lines presented aloud for the first time, and offer the opportunity for fine tuning any problem spots. We expect the activity to take 2 to 2-1/2 hours.

There are 11-15 characters included in the show (depending on whether three roles are double cast.) They include:

•Carol, a director.
•Bobbie, s stage manager
•Stan, a lighting tech
•Tiffany, an actress
•Gisele, an actress
•Dave, an actor
•Tim, playing Tiny Tim
•Mayor, a mayor
•Scoop, a reporter for the local paper
•Marley, a ghost
•Ghost of Christmas Past
•Ghost(s) of Now
•Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come

This event is non-compensated, though there will be snacks and refreshments provided. Please message us via our Facebook page if you’d like to take part.