[NEohioPAL] Auditions: Ada & The Engine on Tues., Dec. 6 and Wed., Dec. 7 at 7:00 pm

Clague Playhouse clagueplay at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 09:28:52 PST 2022

*Auditions for the historical drama*
*Ada & The Engine*
by Lauren Gunderson
Directed by Anne McEvoy

*Audition Dates:* Tues., December 6 and Wed., December 7 at 7:00 pm

*Show Dates:*  March 17 - April 8, 2023  Performances on Thursday, Friday
and Saturday at 8pm, Sunday at 2pm (no performance on Easter)

*Story: * As the British Industrial Revolution dawns, young Ada Byron
Lovelace (daughter of the flamboyant and notorious Lord Byron) sees the
boundless creative potential in the “analytic engines” of her friend and
soul mate Charles Babbage, inventor of the first mechanical computer. Ada
envisions a whole new world where art and information converge—a world she
might not live to see. A music-laced story of love, friendship, and the
edgiest dreams of the future. Jane Austen meets Steve Jobs in this poignant
pre-tech romance heralding the computer age.

*Cast:  *3 Women (ages 18-50’s), 3 Men (ages 30’s-50’s)  We are seeking
actors from all races/ethnicities for all roles.

Please prepare a one to two minute monologue using a British dialect
(BP/Queen's English https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPZkrRpJ4Zc).  Please
bring a resume and headshot, if available. If you don't have a headshot,
one of the Clague audition staff will take one at the auditions.  Please
complete our online Audition Form
<https://clagueplayhouse.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/22AuditionFormClaguePlayhouse.pdf>.
 When completed, please print and bring with you to the audition.  Additional
information can be found on our Audition Page
<https://clagueplayhouse.org/index.php/auditions/>.

For the safety of all involved, those wishing to audition must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19.  No appointment is necessary.  Auditions will
be held at Clague Playhouse.  A limited number of perusal scripts are
available at the Clague Playhouse Box Office, Wednesday - Saturday
1:00-6:00pm, for a $10 deposit through December 3, 2022.

Clague Playhouse is located at 1371 Clague Road, Westlake, Ohio 44145.

For more information, call the Clague Playhouse Box Office, 440-331-0403
and leave a message for the director.

*Our productions are subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Please rest assured that every possible action and precaution will be taken
to ensure that our staff, performers, and audience members will be as safe
as possible.*