[NEohioPAL] Sips & Scripts Presents "The Baron of Brown Street" by Eric Mansfield

Kildow, Eric ekildow at kent.edu
Wed Jan 11 08:28:19 PST 2023

Dear Friends, Colleagues, & Patrons,

We hope you will join us on January 18 @ 7:30pm for our next Sips & Scripts reading at Modern Methods Brewing in Warren, OH.  This month we will be reading "The Baron of Brown Street" by Eric Mansfield.

Lenny King, a homeless man living alone in a tent under Akron's Brown Street bridge, becomes an overnight celebrity after a newspaper story details Lenny's kind heart in forgiving three teens who set him on fire and laughed at his pain. Enduring the physical and emotional scars of a man abused by life and his own bad decisions, Lenny must now fend off strangers looking to exploit him for their own publicity, including a quick-buck attorney, photographer, local church members, developers and others. With each new visitor to what had been his quiet oasis, Lenny fights to retain what's left of his privacy and dignity while providing life lessons to those who make ignorant assumptions about the homeless.

We hope you will join us.  The reading is free and open to the public.  The venue opens at 7:00pm, and can be found in Dave Grohl Alley in downtown Warren.  For more information, please reach out to us at 330.675.8887 or trumbullboxoffice at kent.edu<mailto:trumbullboxoffice at kent.edu>.

Eric S. Kildow, Associate Professor and Program Coordinator
(he/him/his)
School of Theatre and Dance
Kent State University at Trumbull

"We are all ancestors in training."  -Larissa Fasthorse