[NEohioPAL] Acting Classes for Teens -- Now Enrolling for February & March

Young Filmmakers Academy lakewoodyfa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 13:53:52 PST 2023

METHOD ACTING FOR TEENS: FEB 1 - FEB 22 (WEDNESDAYS 6-8PM)
We provide our acting students with the opportunity to discover, nurture
and explore their own uniqueness and merge that into the script to stand
out on the set or on stage. First and foremost our goal is to develop the
young actor's craft. The young actor develops a technique that he or she
can take into any medium, be it stage, screen, TV, or film. The classes at
our studio are centered around The Sanford Meisner Technique.  Through the
Meisner system, the actor becomes fearless and gains a strong confidence
that can be applied to all areas of life. The young actor develops a love
for the work, and with this, the ability to survive and work as an actor.

SKETCH COMEDY WRITING: MARCH 7 - MARCH 28 (TUESDAYS 6-8PM)
Live from Lakewood, it's sketch comedy writing! In this course we will
cover different sketch formats, working in a writers room, pitching your
ideas confidently, and revising a final script. This class is for kids and
teens ages 12-17 who love to make people smile. Instructor Eric Swinderman
studied at the world famous Second City and is an Emmy nominated TV and
Film writer and director. Through his experiences working with various
groups and shows, you'll learn the craft of sketch comedy writing and "what
makes something funny." The class includes 3 weeks of writing and rehearsal
and culminates in a live performance of the class work.

ENROLL TODAY AT: https://www.youngfilmmakersacademy.org/focused-learning

ABOUT YOUNG FILMMAKERS ACADEMY
Founded in 2017 by award winning film and TV producer Eric Swinderman, Young
Filmmakers Academy is like no other program in northeast Ohio. Created on
the principles of creativity, inclusion, diversity and teamwork, YFA is
dedicated to offering a safe, structured environment where aspiring young
artists can learn to express themselves, meet like-minded friends, have fun
and feel comfortable. Through avenues like The renowned Summer Filmmaking
Program, The 8 Week Film School and various workshops, our students learn
the ins and outs of screenwriting, cinematography, post-production, set
design and more under the guidance of experienced industry professionals.
Young Filmmakers Academy offers a varied curriculum with programs for all
levels of interest that are sure to awaken your child’s inner Spielberg.

WHY STUDY AT YFA?
Studies show that children involved in the arts excel in all other areas of
social and educational development. Arts learning can also improve
motivation, concentration, confidence, and teamwork.

EXPERIENCED STAFF
At YFA your child will learn from a staff that has collectively worked on
such projects as The Fast & The Furious, The Avengers, The Enormity of
Life, White Noise, Cheers, Frasier, Modern Family and more.