[NEohioPAL] Seeking 1 female actor for THE GIRL WHO SWALLOWED A CACTUS Paid

Heather Utsler-Smith admin at talespinnercle.org
Thu Jan 19 11:10:01 PST 2023

AUDITIONING
Talespinner Children's Theatre is seeking one female adult actor for "The
Girl Who Swallowed a Cactus" for the role of Sheila/others in our upcoming
touring production. Auditions may take place in person or virtually by
appointment. Please reach out to Matt at talespinnercle.org to schedule.

"The Girl Who Swallowed a Cactus" will be directed by Matt Loehrke, and
will rehearse January 25th through February 24th with specific dates and
times determined by the needs of the cast. The production will begin
touring the last week of February and continue through May 19th, with
performances during the school day, and scheduled in advance based on actor
availability. Actors must have some availability/flexibility during the
school day.

THE PLAY
School is out for the summer, the weather is hot and the boredom is heavy.
But 8-year-old Sheila and her pack of pals aren’t going to let the summer
heat wear them down. When their fantastical junkyard fort draws the
attention of a walking, talking, surprisingly well-dressed coyote, the
adventurers suddenly find themselves deep in the desert, facing The Council
of Howls, The Sting Brigade, The Death Cactus and much more. It's a
whirlwind adventure about how we affect the environment and the animals
with whom we share the planet, and how we take on the mission of saving the
world from ourselves. A unique twist on traditional storytelling, where a
bit of moonlight brings a menagerie of found objects to life, this original
play shows the power of memory and imagination and will captivate and
inspire audiences of all ages.

ROLE:
1 dynamic, energetic actor comfortable with performing multiple roles and
performing for a child audience/engaging with children. Actors of varying
body types and abilities are encouraged to audition. Actors must possess
strong movement skills.

COMPENSATION:
All actors will be paid $300 for the rehearsal period, and $50 per
performance, with additional pay available for actors who are able to teach
workshops to accompany the production.