[NEohioPAL] Final call for submissions- 2 women, paid non-union

Rachael Endrizzi sparktheatre4youth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 09:00:35 PST 2023

Spark Theatre Company is seeking 2 additional performers for its spring
production, MISS COURAGEOUS: WOMEN OF SCIENCE as part of our touring show
program. These productions usually have 1 public performance but primarily
travel throughout NE Ohio to schools as assemblies for approximately 15
performances. Actors do not need to be available EVERY day throughout the
touring timeline, but should have general availability during school days
and/or flexibility in their schedules. Actors receive a stipend beginning
at $500 and are reimbursed for travel to schools at the IRS rate of
$0.58/mile.

Miss Courageous: Women of Science
By Joanna Halpert Kraus
Elizabeth Blackwell, the first woman doctor in the United States with a
medical degree, and Marie Curie, discoverer of radium, helped make possible
today's scientific community where discovery knows no gender. This show
invites students to share their obstacles and fight the prejudices against
them before savoring their triumphs.
Rehearsals Begin: February 20, 2023 around actor availability
Performances: March 20th-April 14th, 2023

Available Roles:
Two actors have already been cast in this production, we are seeking 2
additional actors for the roles listed below. All actors play multiple
roles throughout this storytelling piece.
Actor 3: (Female, any type) to play multiple roles including a narrator,
and sisters of Elizabeth Blackwell and Marie Curie.
Actor 4: (Female, any type) to play multiple roles including a young
Elizabeth Blackwell and a narrator.

HOW TO AUDITION:
Send a recorded monologue OR choose one of the sides on our website to
record.  All actors in this piece play multiple characters, and actors
auditioning will be considered for both open roles (unless you specify
you’re only interested in one role or the other).

Video (or video link) should be emailed to SparkTheatre4Youth at gmail.com.
Please also include a headshot and resume, and any conflicts between March
20th and April 14th.

Deadline for auditions: January 27th, 2023
Sides Located here:
https://www.sparktheatre4youth.org/_files/ugd/346b5f_03198a14ad2e4cac9f57cb4a5951b30a.pdf

Spark Theatre Company and LCCC Theatre embrace diversity and inclusion and
utilize a non-traditional casting policy. Non-Traditional Casting is a
method designed to increase artistic options by expanding casting
opportunities for women, actors of color, seniors, and actors with
disabilities in roles where race, gender, age or the presence or absence of
a disability are not germane. To that end, we encourage all actors to
audition, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity or physical
ability.

For questions, please feel free to email Rachael at
sparktheatre4youth at gmail.com

--
Rachael Endrizzi
Producing Artistic Director