[NEohioPAL] Michael Chekhov Technique Classes •• March-May at 78th Street Studios

Ray Caspio - Michael Chekhov Center Cleveland michaelchekhovcenter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 11:30:31 PST 2023

I'm offering two Chekhov classes in The 1300 Gallery at 78th Street
Studios. For full details and registration, head over to
https://www.raycaspio.com/mc3/classes.

*ATMOSPHERE & QUALITIES OF MOVEMENT*

*Saturdays, Noon-2pmMarch 4-April 8 (no session March 18)$160**Click Here*
<https://www.raycaspio.com/mc3/classes/atmosphere-qualities-of-movement>

*WHAT WILL WE EXPLORE?*
Chekhov’s principles of Atmosphere and Qualities of Movement. Chekhov says
in *On the Technique of Acting* that Atmosphere is “the heartbeat of every
piece of art,” it fills the space with life, inspires the artist, and
unites them with the audience. The Qualities of Movement: Moulding,
Floating, Flying, and Radiating, are foundational. Corresponding to earth,
water, air, and fire, we embody these forces to find the How of What we’re
doing. “Action with qualities is the easiest way to the living feelings.”
What can we uncover through Michael Chekhov’s exploratory, improvisational
processes to apply to our own performance work? How do we apply them?

*TECHNIQUE*

*Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30pmApril 25-May 23$160*
*Click Here* <https://www.raycaspio.com/mc3/classes/technique>

*WHAT WILL WE EXPLORE?*
Fundamentals of the Chekhov Technique. Our sessions will evolve based on
who registers, and is appropriate for both newbies and those more
experienced in Chekhov who want to explore & expand their psychophysical
skills.

*WHO ARE THESE SESSIONS FOR?*
These sessions are each open to eight participants ages 18+, interested in
expanding their imaginative capabilities and embodying that imagination
with ease and a sense of play; for the performer-artist curious about what
is true for them in this moment rather than what might be perceived as
“right” or “wrong.”
•Familiarity with Chekhov’s technique is highly recommended, but practical
experience is not necessary.
•KN95, N95, or surgical masks are required to be worn while in the space.
Surgical masks will be available in the space to those who need them.
•Proof of COVID vaccination and booster is required at registration.

*TELL ME ABOUT MICHAEL CHEKHOV CENTER CLEVELAND!*
Michael Chekhov Center Cleveland is committed to the art of the actor
through explorations of the psychophysical processes illuminated by Michael
Chekhov. Through educational offerings for artists, MC3 explores what it
means when "the actor is the theatre." Sessions are led by Ray Caspio.

*HOW IS THE CHEKHOV TECHNIQUE APPROACHED?*
The Michael Chekhov Technique is a holistic, psychophysical approach to
performance that synthesizes the actor's body and psychology. You discover
how the magic of your movement, in tandem with your imagination and feeling
life, has the ability to enliven the spaces within yourself and the spaces
around you. Solo and ensemble explorations in concentration, movement,
atmosphere, and gesture increase your flexibility, honesty, joy, and ease
as a performing artist. You learn to free your body as a conduit for the
soul of your character. Your Creative Individuality is supported and
nourished, and your artistic work becomes more inspired.

Full details about the classes, MC3, and registration can be found here
<https://www.raycaspio.com/mc3>...

Wishing you inspiration,
*Ray Caspio*
*they/them/their, he/him/his*