[NEohioPAL] IN OUR OWN WORDS-AUDITIONS!!

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Wed Feb 22 09:13:00 PST 2023

*Ensemble Theatre & SumMedia Productions*
We are currently accepting video auditions for:

*IN OUR OWN WORDS :: Our Stories, Our Voices. EPISODE THREE! Celebrating
our THIRD YEAR!!An evening of theatre and conversation!**TWO SHORT PLAYS
with BIG THEMES.*

*“TEENA WITH TWO E’s” By Jocelyn Bioh*
Inspired by “Crumbs from the Table of Joy” by Lynn Nottage.

*Characters:*
*Slyvie Montgomery* :: (AKA: Ernestine Crump): A popular TV and Film
actress. Likes all things upscale and is kind of snobbish. Lives in a fancy
condo on the upper east side. Older sister to Ermina.

*Ermina “Mina” Crump *:: Younger sister to “Sylvie”. She’s probably a grad
student or something. She is very opinionated and always thinks she’s right
about blanket statements. Dating a young conscious rapper and is fascinated
by his use of language.

*Dominick *:: Mina’s boyfriend. Conscious rapper who is passionate about
spreading a good message (think Common, or Talib Kweli). Very educated and
doesn’t mind a challenge.

*“ALL THE FLOWERS HAVE DIED” By Johnathon Jackson.*
After all the flowers have died, the cards have stopped coming, and you're
all out of tears, MALIK is left alone to tend to the final affairs of a
father he never knew. When his mother, JANELL decides to help him, she
catches the brunt of his grief as he lashes out over unanswered questions.
What unfolds is an honest and fiery conversation about the roles
patriarchy, personal perspectives, and respectability politics play in how
we share our truths and how we form identity.

*Characters:*
*Janell:* Black, 40's, witty, heavy presence, weight to her words, but a
brokenness that peaks through at times begging to heal.

*Malik:* Black, late teens-early 20's, quick mouth that lacks the caution
of consequences, truly his mother's child, with his daddy's darkness hidden
inside.

*Additional Information:*
-Both pieces are directed by *Nicole & Eugene Sumlin.*
-Run Time for each piece will be approximately 10-20 minutes.
-Both pieces will be performed each night with post show talkbacks.

Rehearsals will start around April 10th. Week day evenings and weekend
days/eves depending on actor availability.

*Performances Thursday April 20th-Saturday April 22nd @7:30 & Sunday April
23rd at 2:00.*
Each actor will receive a stipend.

*TO AUDITION, PLEASE PREPARE/SUBMIT*
Two Monologues no longer than 3 minutes total (for both). (Uploaded as an
UNLISTED YOU TUBE VIDEO).
Video Auditions will be accepted through March 6th, 2023.

*CALL BACKS WILL BE March 13th from 6:30-8:30pm *in the Notre Dame College
Performing Arts Center.
*Click Here for a map and directions.*
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/contact/directions>

*CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT OUR ONLINE AUDITION FORM
<https://forms.gle/NJHn8Axsg8DhdyNs5>*
*CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE AN UNLISTED YOU TUBE
VIDEO
<https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53b96567e4b02ad8bc7b6245/t/62fb3c6caa39187d0dcff1fa/1660632172664/Video+Audition+Instructions+for+2022-2023+Season+Auditions_+-+Google+Docs+%281%29.pdf>*

Please email any questions to *auditions at ensemble-theatre.org
<auditions at ensemble-theatre.org> *or call *216-321-2930*.