[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Beehive: The 1960's Musical at The Brecksville Theatre

admin at thebrecksvilletheatre.org admin at thebrecksvilletheatre.org
Mon Feb 27 09:38:25 PST 2023

Auditions for Beehive: The 60's Musical

The Brecksville Theatre is thrilled to announce auditions for Beehive: The 1960's Musical

Written by Larry Gallagher

Directed by Sarah Lynne Bailey

Musical Direction by Felix Grittner

Choreography by Jen Justice

Where:

The Brecksville Theatre

49 Public Square

Brecksville, Ohio 44141

PERFORMANCE DATES: May 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, June 2, 3, 4, 2023

We are looking for 6 women to help us celebrate the voices that shaped the 1960s!

Character Breakdown:

Wanda - Mezzo-Soprano

Pattie - Mezzo-Soprano

Alison - Alto

Laura - Soprano

Jasmine - Mezzo-Soprano

Gina - Mezzo-Soprano

Please prepare the following:

* Please prepare no more than 32 bars of a 60s or 70s pop song or an uptempo musical theatre song.

* Please bring a list of conflict dates you may have during the rehearsal period

Callbacks will be by invitation only

Rehearsals: Rehearsals will be Sundays through Wednesdays starting in late March.

ALL ROLES AVAILABLE!!

The Brecksville Theatre does not pre-cast without prior announcement.

Show Information: BEEHIVE celebrates the powerful female voices of the 1960’s with such timeless hits as “My Boyfriend’s Back,” “Be My Baby,” “Son of a Preacher Man,” and “Me and Bobby McGee.” Told from the perspective of six young women who come of age in this enigmatic decade, BEEHIVE takes us from their first Beehive Dance to the challenges we faced as a nation.

The Brecksville Theatre will dedicate this piece in honor of the late Kevin Joseph Kelly, who was  slated to direct the show.

If you have questions or are unable to make the audition dates, feel free to reach out to sarahlynnebailey at gmail.com mailto:sarahlynnebailey at gmail.com.

Visit our website for more details.

SIGN UP HERE https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084BABAF2AA4F85-beehive