[NEohioPAL] Second Casting Call for Kent State Production

Michael Gregory apocalypse.eveshortfilm at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 9 11:18:18 PST 2023

Hi everyone, my name's Michael Gregory and I'm a senior Digital Media Production Major at Kent State. I'm still in the process of casting for my next short film shooting later this March. I've put together a fantastic crew of respectable filmmakers from Kent State and all we need now is a group of talented actors to bring our vision to life.  I need three actors and two actresses. Down below is more information about the characters, as well as imformation about the production. If you're intersted just shoot me an e-mail or text and I'll respond ASAP with the script. Thanks!

Michael Gregory
email - apocalypse.eveshortfilm at hotmail.com
portfolio - https://www.circuit1media.com/portfolio
(330-933-5386)

Synopsis - "Apocalypse Eve" puts five friends in an unimaginable situation where they know that the world is ending in a short amount of time. They then have to figure out how they are going to spend their last few moments alive. How will the impending doom cause our group of friends to react?

Characters

Eve (Female, 20's) - Eve's story is about making the most with what little time you have left. She has a crush on Cameron, but is too afraid to express her feelings to him. After she learns about their impending doom, she pushes her fears aside to express her feelings to him. She doesn't want to die with regrets, and she also doesn't want to die alone.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Required Media: Headshot/Photo

Alex (Female, 20's) - Alex can be a lot at times, just ask her boyfriend Theo. She's been trying to get cell reception throughout the entire film to escape from the gangs' "boring" spring break retreat. She's there in person but it never really feels like she's there in the moment. Once she finds out she only has a few minutes until her and her friends die, she finally lives in the moment. Her final moments are filled with terror, but also filled with happiness being embraced by the one she loves.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Required Media: Headshot/Photo

Jake (Male, 20's) - Jake offers a lot of comedic relief throughout the film. But his character grows and evolves from comedic relief to a story about redemption. In the beginning of the film, he comes across as rude and screams "I don't want to be here". Towards the end, he becomes thankful and apologizes to his friends and expresses his gratitude to them.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Required Media: Headshot/Photo

Theo (Male, 20's) - Theo is the "leader of the group", it was his idea to spend their spring break in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do. Theo's put in an interesting spot, his friend Jake and Alex are upset at him for "ruining" their spring break. Once he finds out that a nuclear bomb is falling near them, he has to scramble and repair the relationships around him. Especially with his girlfriend Alex.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Required Media: Headshot/Photo

Cameron (Male, 20's) - Cameron is there because of Theo, but he doesn't mind being there. Mainly because his crush Eve is there with them. Cameron is a combination of Jake and Theo. He offers comedic relief but also has to express his feelings to Eve in a dramatic fashion that makes for a complete character arc.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Required Media: Headshot/Photo

Talent is not paid; meals and drinks will be provided on set. I will be reimbursing gas money to talent who drives. A pavilion with food and heat will be available for the talent to relax in between takes and setup. Shooting days are March 24th, 25th, 26th, with the 27th and 28th being a rain date. Shooting location is in Atwater, Ohio for all shoot days.