[NEohioPAL] NPB's Beauty & the Beast Ballet Premieres April 21!

Leanna Ruegg leanna at northpointeballet.org
Wed Apr 5 13:15:26 PDT 2023

North Pointe Ballet to present Beauty and the Beast April 21-23.

North Pointe Ballet (NPB) is pleased to return to the historic Lorain
Palace Theatre to present Beauty and the Beast. NPB will premiere its new
ballet interpretation of the story of Belle, the book-loving daughter of a
merchant. *NPB’s signature live verbal and sign language narration will
guide audience members through the tale where enchanted objects come to
life, drama unfolds through exceptional artistry, and loveable characters
show that you can’t judge a book by its cover.*

>From Friday, April 21 through Sunday, April 23, audience members will be
captivated by NPB professional dancers performing alongside students from
local dance studios.

During a special Sensory-Friendly matinee on Saturday, April 22,
participants from NPB’s partner site Murray Ridge School
<https://www.murrayridgecenter.org/services-for-children/school-age/> as
well as NPB’s A Chance to Dance program will join the cast. NPB’s A Chance
to Dance program gives dancers with diversabilities meaningful dance
experiences that allow them to work alongside dancers in the professional
company as well as their typical peers. This performance will also be live
streamed via NPB’s YouTube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ4WsACnXd1VLqia3liHO8g> at no cost to
viewers in further effort towards accessibility. Sensory-Friendly
performances provide accommodations to reduce loud sounds and adjust
dramatic lights, provide a space for taking a sensory break, and allow for
a relaxed theater environment.

Ms. Dziak hopes to convey an important message through this ballet: “We all
have a story - our own lived experiences contribute to our attitudes and
our behaviors. Those who are considered villains to some are considered
heroes to others; and what seems ‘normal’ to some is considered ‘crazy’ to
others. Taking time to get to know someone and understand another's story
can create that empathy that we all hope for in our own lives.”

TICKETS:

Tickets can be purchased via NPB’s website:
northpointeballet.org/beauty-and-the-beast or by phone via the Lorain
Palace Theatre: 440-245-2323. Ticketing questions can be directed to
kayla at lorainpalace.com.

*Leanna Ruegg*
Community Engagement & Operations Manager, North Pointe Ballet
515-460-3695 mobile

*Making Classical Ballet Accessible to Our Community*
Website <https://northpointeballet.org/>  |  Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/northpointeballet>  |  Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/northpointeballet/>